Granted but not dispatched

harry2005

Registered Users (C)
If they don't like photos, when do they reject them? Before or after granted? My application is granted but not dispatched. Earlier it showed photos/sig scanned date. Now it doesn't show that (still shows granted). Rest of my family apps went through and documents dispatched. I suspect its the photos. How do they notify us if they need new photos? I hope they don't just sit on it.

Anyone with similar experience?

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
1(of 5) still NOT Dispatched

4 of 5 Dispatched from Delhi on 19-OCT-2006, 1 still showing NOT DISPATCHED. I'm not sure why?

Thanks, Shareef_Aadmi and Harry2005. With your help and guidance you both provided, our entire family got our OCI cards, just in the nick of time. We are going to be visiting India next week.

Quote:
ebay_sfo said:
4 of 5 Dispatched from Delhi on 19-OCT-2006, 1 still showing NOT DISPATCHED. I'm not sure why?

OCI Toronto

Hi,
My family and I applied in person in Toronto on 11July2006. The files were given Granted status on 8Dug2006. Since then, no further action- ie not yet printed or dispatched from Delhi.
I have sent emails to Mrs. Thekat, Mr. Goel and the Consulate General in Toronto with no replies.
Any ideas with what I should do next?
Help please.
Many thanks
CDC :confused:

cdc said:
Hi,
My family and I applied in person in Toronto on 11July2006. The files were given Granted status on 8Dug2006. Since then, no further action- ie not yet printed or dispatched from Delhi.
I have sent emails to Mrs. Thekat, Mr. Goel and the Consulate General in Toronto with no replies.
Any ideas with what I should do next?
Help please.
Many thanks
CDC :confused:

If you live close to your CGI, best thing is to go there and ask them in person. They should be able to tell you what the problem is.

I would also consider resending new photos and signature part of the application (with new signature) with a cover letter. I know going through the photo process again is expensive and a big PITA, but photo/signature scans are usually the reasons for delays like this, and OCI guys are notorious for not informing the applicants about the problems.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Harry,
I will consider doing that. My impression over the phone when I did get through is that they actively discourage a visit.
CDC

This happened to me

The same thing happened to me; I sent in a new set of photographs and those were then re-scanned in by CGI-NY within a few days. Subsequently, my documents were printed in Delhi and then dispatched. I just picked up the OCI Registration Certificate and Visa last week.

Chances are that your photos either have glare in it (for glasses) - this seems to have been my problem - or are not bright enough.

BTW - I sent in the new photographs prior to being notified as to the nature of the problem; however, the CGI-NY did leave me a voicemail 2 days after I mailed the new photographs alerting me to the fact that I needed to send in new photos.