Granted Asylum. Need Help

pradheep

My asylum got granted on 06/02/2014 in court. I have my I94 and letter from my judge saying my asylum has been granted. But I am experiencing some problems. I hope someone can help me. I had EAD and Social Security while my asylum is pending. My current EAD category say C08.

1. I went to social security admin to take off restriction on my Social security card. I gave I94 and letter from judge as proof of granted. I am getting a letter back in 2 weeks saying they cant verify my status with USCIS. what can I do?

2. I need travel document, do you think I should apply for a new EAD because my current EAD is still valid until november 2014. But I obtain my current EAD when my case was pending. Do you think I should apply for new EAD with A5 category and then apply for a Travel Document or else can I apply for travel document with my current valid EAD with C08 category?

Please help me with this situation. I hope someone in this forum would have encountered same problem.

1. Maybe just try again later? The text on the Social Security card isn't that important because your asylee I-94 is proof you can work.
2. EAD and Refugee Travel Document are not related. You can get an RTD because you are an asylee. You can apply for a new EAD but it is optional; you can work without one.