graduating in December 2007 with BSN

moon906

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I'm a foreign student, who is graduating in December 2007 with a BSN degree from the U.S. I would like to apply for a green card through Schedule A (I heard Schedule A retrogession is resolved temporarily, hopefully I can apply after my graduation).

I'm trying to figure out from where and when should I start my application process. What are the steps :confused: ? I'll appreciate if anyone can give me advice :) .
So, my questions are:
1) When should I start my application process (after passing NCLEX?)? 2) Do I need to submit I-140 and I-485 forms the same time (after having a job offer?) or can I start with I-485? 3) Does the Visa Screen Certificate apply to me - do I need to take TOEFL etc. if my degree is from a US insitution?

Thank you very much!

I'm afraid by that time, the Priority Dates will retrogress again after opening the floodgate in July and more people who were stuck previously will apply for I-485 or Consular Processing.

tuktakan, thanks for your message! i just have to wait and see. hopefully, things will work out for people like me who are finishing nursing program soon!

Most likely you will not be able to apply for your green card in December. Apply for OPT before graduation and start looking for a job now. If you have BSN there is a chance to get H-1B visa through your employer. You need to apply for VisaScreen ASAP after graduation. You don't need to take TOEFL.

to JohnConor
Unfortunately I don't qualify for OPT since this is my second bachelor's degree (and I already used OPT after my biology degree). Thanks for your advice.

hi,
I have a similar question and I'm completely new to this whole Immigration thing. I'm going to graduate with a BSN in December of 2010. I came here legally about 18 years ago but then my visa expired. How should I go about applying for a green card?
Any help would be appreciated!