Got my GC ... But Sponsoring Employer Won't Hire Me

TorontoCowboy

I recently received my GC in the mail ... after a 3 year process. I was sponsored by a company on the basis of "future employment", and have I had not worked for my sponsor during the LC, I-140 or I-485 phase. I am not impacted by AC-21 as my GC came through in about 100 days.

My intent was always pure, and I planned to put in time with my sponsor at the LC salary. As soon as my card arrived I eagerly reached out to my sponsor but I am having difficulty getting a response. For some reason they are not hiring me. The CEO has emailed me and told me that he needs to find a project for me before he can hire me (which is news to me). The company confirmed the job offer for the I-485 and I-140 package.

I have 2 children born in the last 2 years (both American citizens) and I need to support my wife and family. Should I wait for my sponsor to hire me? Should I document his failure to hire me and move one? What should I do? How long should I wait without a job?

I have been our of work since Feb 2015 waiting for my EAD/GC which basically arrived the same week.

Please help. Anyone in a similar position? I am very concerned about by citizenship application 5 years from now and what will happen in regards to never working for my sponsor.

I'm pretty sure they don't care at all whether or not you've ever worked for your sponsor when you apply for naturalization. All they care about is continuous residence, physical presence, and good moral character. If they found out you committed immigration fraud, then that would impugn your good moral character, but they wouldn't normally ask about or cross-check your original employer or sponsor for this purpose, and if they do, you can just say what you said here.