Got first EAD base on pending asylum case, what should I do next?

Sophie87

Hello, I got my first EAD card 2 days ago. But I don't know what should I do to apply my job. Because my employer give me W4 form and they ask me about my social security number to fullfill this form. But my current status still student, and my asylum case is peding.

Futher more, I have one kid 3 yrs old.

Thank you

Hi guys,

I apply for my SSN today, they said will send card to me within 2 week. The paper just simple include is EAD card, Passport, Birth cetificate.

But my baby does not have SSN, they said when my asylum is granted, I come back to apply SSN for her. That mean the income tax we have to do not claim our baby.

Hi guys,

I apply for my SSN today, they said will send card to me within 2 week. The paper just simple include is EAD card, Passport, Birth cetificate.

But my baby does not have SSN, they said when my asylum is granted, I come back to apply SSN for her. That mean the income tax we have to do not claim our baby.

Get ITIN for your baby.

An ITIN, or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, is a tax processing number only available for certain nonresident and resident aliens, their spouses, and dependents who cannot get a Social Security Number (SSN). It is a 9-digit number, beginning with the number "9", formatted like an SSN (NNN-NN-NNNN).

To obtain an ITIN, you must complete IRS Form W-7, IRS Application for Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. The Form W-7 requires documentation substantiating foreign/alien status and true identity for each individual. You may either mail the documentation, along with the Form W-7, to the address shown in the Form W-7 Instructions, present it at IRS walk-in offices, or process your application through an Acceptance Agent authorized by the IRS. Form W-7(SP)

Hi guys,

Hi Sophie87
You should have applied work permit for your baby with your application. They send work permit for kids for just SSN purpose.

You should have sent another application for your child same as you filled for yourself with pictures.