Got corrected replacement card in 4 weeks after e-filing I-90

curiousGeorge

Registered Users (C)
As some of you may know, my wife's GC showed up with the incorrect birth date on the plastic card.

E-filed an I-90 in late December 2004 right after we received the incorrect card, I read on the forum that they might take the old card away and the CSR at the 1-800 number confirmed this. we were traveling to Canada that week, and the CSR told us to cancel our trip because the card was wrong. (BULLSHIT!) I'd prefer to try to show the officer the card, and if they don't like it, I can show them the passport stamp, and if they want more I can show them the I-90 receipt. We went to Canada, and upon re-entering the USA, the immigration officer never even noticed the card was wrong. He never asked for the passport stamp, or proof of having filed an I-90 (all of which we had with us just in case)

Upon returning to the USA my wife scheduled an appointment in early January to get fingerprint/photo/signature taken at the ASC (the Application Support Center in Davie, FL, not the local office in Miami). I am pleased to announce that the new card arrived yesterday (Feb 1st), luckily without any additional errors.

It seems from reading other threads here that e-filing is definitely faster than paper filing the I-90.

I was really getting concerned that the card would not arrive in time to renew our driver's licenses, and the driver's license office might have noticed the error in the birth date and only have issued the DL for as long as the passport stamp is good for. That would really suck! I'm tired of going to get my DL renewed every damn year, and we have to go in person! Now we can get on to renewing our driver's licenses, and changing it from a 1 year expiration to a 5 year expiration like everyone else in FL. :D

Our journey finally is over!!!!!!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

:D:cool::):D:cool::):D:cool::)

Drivers Lincense

As I was reading your post I was thinking how ironic is the whole renewal issue in Florida, back in 1996-2000 when I was living in Florida it was a non issue if you were not a citizen/LPR now they are so restrictive. The ironic part is that even after they passed all those restrictions I kept getting renewal notices all the way to GA, where they told me all I had to do was to pay the fee over the internet to get my FL license renewed. Eventhough I was not even living in FL anymore. Ironic dont you think?

Regards and glad to hear your wife's card is correct now.

Thanks for sharing your info with uas. Wish you and your family the best. Your long jorney is over!
Why did you need to go every year for DL extension in Florida? I read your story about buying the house, taxes and other staff that are differnet for PR and non P in FloridaR. It is really not fare, especially since I think that here in Lousina, where I live, the low is different.
Anyway, it's over now for you. Enjoy your well deserved freedom!! :)

micaprasica said:
Why did you need to go every year for DL extension in Florida?

FL only issues a DL with an expiry date equal to the expiry date of your visa. I was on TN status before, which is only good for 1 year increments, renewable indefinitely, so I had to renews my DL every year. Then, when I switched to AOS, I used my EAD to get an DL, which was only good for 1 year increments also.

FP for I-90 application

Hi CuriousGeorge,

I am in the same boat as you were. My wife's card was also incorrect ( DOB ). She applied I-90 in person from WPB office in FL. They took the incorrect card and two photographs along with print of the first finger and signature on some kind of card. I believe, you can not submit all these when you apply on line. Now you mentioned that your wife setup an appointment for FP in Davie, FL (ASC). Did your wife receive any FP scheduling notice from TSC ? So far, My wife only receives the Receipt Notice of I-90. Do you know if all I-90 applicant will have to go through the FP ?

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks,
FL2002Filer

I-485 RD/ND : 04/02
TD : June 2004
ID : Dec 6, 2004
CR : Dec 31, 2004
I-90 : Jan 13, 2005
I-90 RD : Jan 20, 2005

FL2002Filer,
Since you went to the West Palm Beach local office and filed in person, you already gave the fingerprint of your index finger at that time. You won't be asked for fingerprints from TSC. When you file online, you still still need to give your picture, fingerprint and signature in person, so you have to go to an ASC instead of the local office. The ASC did not take the incorrect plastic card away.

Hi, CuriousGeorge

Nice to hear you have completely finished your green card issue. Congratulations.

As you already know, I have a similar problem with the green card I received:
My signature and finger print is showing on my wife's card and vice versa.

Both my wife and I filed I90 online. Today I got the receipt for both I90 cases. On the cover letter of the I90 receipt, it is said I need to do:

1. Schedule ASC appointment to provide digital photo, finger print and signature.

2. Return incorrect green card, also send evidence of the correct information,
such as marriage certificate passport or birth certificate.

According to what your description, it seems you only took a ASC appointment, but did not send a separate mail to TSC with incorrect card
and evidence of correct information.

Is it true that I only need to make ASC appointment, then they will send me
green card? Or I MUST send old green card plus some evidence to TSC?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Wolfmn,
My I-90 reciept did not mention that I have to mail anything to anyone. It only said to BRING proof that the card was incorrect to the ASC. So I brought a copy of the I-485, and my passport, and birth certificate, and the incorrect card.

The officer at the ASC asked to see the passport, and the I-90 reciept, and nothing else, not even the copy of I-485 application. I did not offer the card at the ASC, even though I had it in my pocket, and the CSR did not ask for it. That's how it ended. This was the ASC in Davie, Florida on SR 84.

Where does the reciept tell you to mail this stuff to?

CuriousGeorge

Thanks a lot for your reply. the receipt told me to send evidence (birth certificate, marriage certificate etc) and the incorrect Green Card to TSC.

I have no problem to send a copy of birth certificate, but do I have to submit
my incorrect green card also?

wolfman

wolfman said:
but do I have to submit
my incorrect green card also?

wolfman

If that's what it says, I guess thats what you need to do..... I'm not sure how we got different experiences, unless we selected a different reasons for why you are filing your I-90. Did you select "Service Center Error" as the reason?

Yes, I did select that option, otherwise I have to pay the fee.

Anyway, I guess I have to give up my current precious but wrong card.

wolfman said:
Anyway, I guess I have to give up my current precious but wrong card.
Now my question is, what happened in my case? Did they change the procedure for e-filed I-90 applications suddenly....Somehow I got through the cracks of the system with the old incorrect card in hand.