• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Got 2nd NL. Have problems

aset

Registered Users (C)
Hey all

It's been a great journey of patiently waiting and guessing for our interview dates and cut-off numbers.
Finally i got my 2nd NL and my interview is in mid august.
I'm preparing my documents and having a problem on one. I looked up for our country requirements and didn't find financial statement there. Is it possible that one country's us embassy wont ask for it?
My father has 1-1.5 million $ in real estate. He stopped keeping money in banks coz of upcoming crisis in this country. Can i show CO my fathers real estate certificate with market valuation? I have no other alternative.
Any auggestions?

Hey all

It's been a great journey of patiently waiting and guessing for our interview dates and cut-off numbers.
Finally i got my 2nd NL and my interview is in mid august.
I'm preparing my documents and having a problem on one. I looked up for our country requirements and didn't find financial statement there. Is it possible that one country's us embassy wont ask for it?
My father has 1-1.5 million $ in real estate. He stopped keeping money in banks coz of upcoming crisis in this country. Can i show CO my fathers real estate certificate with market valuation? I have no other alternative.
Any auggestions?

It is possible that a CO won't ask for it - the chances of that are higher or lower depending on your situation/education/work history and so on. You can show information about your fathers assets but it is just one of the things that may be considered. Think about what your plan to survive is in reality - you can't move to the USA with no money at all - so what is your plan. Now find a way to explain that to the co....

Well i dont have any empleyment history and much education. Only have associates degree from US. My father sponsored my while i was an international student and he will sponsor me in future. Just the problem is a bank statement. He receives cash not through banks to avoid tax.... And banks are about to fail in this country. So i dont know. If i tell that to CO will it jeopardize the interview.

I agree with simon on that situation. But there's an alternative, and probably MAY improve your situation. Get around $15-20K from your father and have it deposited in an account under your name, HSBC, Citibank, will carry more weight. Get a sworn affidavit from your father that the money is a gift to you towards your move to USA, and take those bank statements along side your degrees and documents which proves your father sponsored you in the usa last time and maybe the CO will accept that. Its the best option i can think of for you at the moment.

It is possible that a CO won't ask for it - the chances of that are higher or lower depending on your situation/education/work history and so on. You can show information about your fathers assets but it is just one of the things that may be considered. Think about what your plan to survive is in reality - you can't move to the USA with no money at all - so what is your plan. Now find a way to explain that to the co....

You probably don't want to mention the tax avoidance aspects of that story. As Lionhawk suggests getting some money in an account for you would be a smart thing to do...

Isnt it too late for bank statements? I could ask 10-15k. Isnt it supposed to be in bnk fir at least 3 or 6 months. It will be deposited just a month before interview.