good moral character

I checked with 2 reputable lawyers on the traffic-ticket issue and they both said the USCIS wouldn't reject your application becuase of some traffic tickets. If the story is true, and if that was the only reason they rejetced your application, you might have a good chance appealing the rejection decision. You might want to speak with a competent attorney.

Dodo

DodoDi said:
I checked with 2 reputable lawyers on the traffic-ticket issue and they both said the USCIS wouldn't reject your application becuase of some traffic tickets. If the story is true, and if that was the only reason they rejetced your application, you might have a good chance appealing the rejection decision. You might want to speak with a competent attorney.

Dodo

well, here it goes the same steps i've gone through, i called around many traffic lawyers and immigration lawyers and they all told me that i shouldn't have any problem getting my citizenship as long as my charges aren't reckless driving or dui. but the outcome wasn't what we all predicted.

maybe i *could* just live my life here in the US as a permanent resident w/o problems, because i don't do any illegal stuff, meaning that i've been & always will drive slower than the speed limit and try not to go out as much as i used to just to decrease my chance of getting into something & anything.
but since i'm planning on dying in this land, i really want to acquire the US citizenship.

anyways, i'll be posting here as my case gets developed in the future.
stay tuned or just don't read my post if my story smells too fishy. :D

have a great days all~~~ ;)

waapples: We do appriciate your sharing. At least you give us warnings that we should be careful of traffic tickets in the future. Life with Greencard is not bad, isn't it? You should enjoy any minute of your life and so are your family. Be optimistic and cheer up. IC

AmericanWannabe said:
Or at least you know United Way.
actually, given the way our fellow countrymen voted in '04, the united way might not be your best choice either.

the reason is that the united way supports planned parenthood of america, and does not support the boy scouts, and to all the "red, white & blue" (i.e. redneck, white trash, blue collar) americans, that is supporting baby killers and not supporting those who want to keep the homo boys out.

and, growing up watching tv, you thought that cowboys were cowboys, and injuns were injuns.

Don't worry it is.

The ACLU is more or less like a club.

Immigrants (legal) can contribure money and participate in party politics. Both Republicans and Democrats have used this avenue (us) to suit their needs. Of course, we still cannot vote until becoming a citizen. Avenues open to participation for immigrants include but are not limited to:
1. canvasing
2. phone banks
3. fund raising
4. helping state/local part headquarters.
5. poll observer (you must get a letter from the party in accordance with agreement set forth by your county auditor).

rgds,
sadiq

AmericanWannabe said:
You have to be sure that it is legal for a
noncitizen
to be an organizer or activist for American political parties.

AmericanWannabe said:
(4) Sit on the bank of a river and wait for someone
to fall in and then scopp him out and become
a hero.
That's the best option. The BCIS fella might thing U were fishing and might become your fan. ;) :D

To the origianal poster, get a lawyer who can represent you.

WAAPLES IS A WALKING SPECIMEN OF LIE, DECEIT, AND DISGRACE, and thus lacks basic moral integrity.

Traffic citations (petty misdemenours) have nothing to do with your ability to naturalize, even an iota.