"Good faith law" while I765 pending

sesame chicken

Registered Users (C)
I was told by a regular customer rep on the USCIS hotline that I can work under the "good faith" law while waiting for my work permit. Then last Wed. I had lunch with my boss and he also mentioned doing some temporary paper work so I can start working on the 17th, which is also based on "good faith" law. The "Good faith" means that they assume my AOS paper work will get through eventualy and there is no reason that my case will be denied. Have you guys heard of this?

Intersesting, haven't heard of this... but the fact that you have a boss means that you are already working or have accepted work... how bad is it to not wait for that, won't you get busted pretty badly? Not sure, just asking...

I have not heard of such thing. I will look into it though...

Do you have an SSN though? because even if you can work... your employer can not pay you without it. or an ITIN.

That's the first time I'm hearing about that when it comes to EAD. I wonder if the service rep was mixing it up with H-1B, whereby you can continue working once applying for an H-1B renewal, without waiting for it to be approved.

I wonder the same thing if the customer rep confused it with H-1B. But she said she was sure. I guess I need to call another rep to confirm that...The problem here is I don't know how long I will have to wait with the tremendous amount increase of applications...We just bought a house in the new area and if I can't go to work by the beginning of Oct, we will not be able to pay for the upcoming bills...