Going to Buffalo Consulate without appointment

Curare

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I'm planning on visiting Toronto this weekend. I was just going to drive to the Buffalo consulate tomorrow and apply for visas in person. I just saw on their website that I need to get an appointment. Does anyone know that I might not get a chance to apply for visas if I don't have an appointment? My fault for not researching ahead of time, but hoping that I still have a chance.

I guess I'm ok. The title on the consulate site says says visiting US consulates in Canada, not the other way around :)

I can't comment about the Buffalo consulate, but the Canadian consulate in Detroit does entertain walk-ins to the best of my knowledge.

the processing time for visitor visa (Chinese citizien) in Buffalo

I am planning to take my parents to Buffalo to apply for the visitor visa and then drive to Toronto and other cities. I have a green card and my parents are Chinese citizens holding B-2 Visa to US. Does anybody know how long we can get the visa back if we apply at the Buffalo in person? Can we get the visa on the same day? Without know this, it is very difficult to book hotels and plan the itinerary.
Thanks a million!!

If I live in Illinois, which consulate do I need to go to ask for visitor visa to Canada? I am planning on walk-in too as I have a very short time to setup an appointment. I am planning on applying for H1-B visa stamp in Canada and back in the US by Oct 1 (1st time H1-B).
Thanks.

Nixone,
You need to go to the Canadian consulate in Detroit. There is a Canadian consulate in Chicago but it takes care of citizen services only. No visas are issued out of Chicago.

Nixone,
You need to go to the Canadian consulate in Detroit. There is a Canadian consulate in Chicago but it takes care of citizen services only. No visas are issued out of Chicago.

Thanks Triple Citizen. This is what the Canadian Consulate in Detroit website says:
"The Detroit Consulate General is located at 600 Renaissance Center in downtown Detroit. The Consulate covers the four state territory of Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana. Services are provided in trade and investment, public affairs, consular affairs and passports, and immigration and visas."

It does not mention Illinois there.

Does it really matter what consulate do I go to?
Do US citizens need visa to go to Canada for few days?
Do they need passport or birth certificates will be enough? (for my US born kids).

Thanks again.

Nixone,
If you apply in person, you would be in Michigan right?
Your US born kids do not need a visa to visit Canada. BCs will probably work but I would advise strongly to get passports for them.