Getting WorkPermit on Visitor Visa

RAMSUD

Registered Users (C)
Hai Gurus,

If I come to Canada on visitor visa, how easy is to get work permit.

I have 12 years in IT industry and have close to 9 years using
RDBMS like Oracle, Sybase. I have BSc Degree + lot of diploma courses
in COmputer related field.

How long the work permit process will take? I believe I have to go
out for Work Permit processing? Is there anyway, I can get the paper
work done, while I stay in Canada on Visitor and go to the Port of
Entry and get it authorized ?

thanks,

No Title

Getting a work permit for computer related job will be easy.Should not take more than a week. I applied for work permit at canadian embassy and it took me a week ( medical researcher). However, I do not know if you come here and change to work permit. Speak with an attorney

Getting a work permit for computer related job will be easy.Should not take more than a week. I applied for work permit at canadian embassy and it took me a week ( medical researcher). However, I do not know if you come here and change to work permit. Speak with an attorney

Is there a place you can point to me (maybe on some embassy site) that outlines these rules? I have a friend who just came across the border and I need to know how long she can stay with me legally before she has to return, and how she can legally get work while she is here.

Also, I want to help her get her papers in order. I don't think she really had a home address, but I understand she had to list one in order to come here? I have not seen her paperwork, but I want to help her do the right things.

I just do not know where to look.

Thanks in advance.