Getting TWIC in Asylum Pending Status

flagman

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys.
I'm in asylum pending status waiting for hearing.
I've got SSN and Work Authorization C08 category.
To get a job I need to get the Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
Researching for the info about obtaining TWIC I found no information about asylum pending status allowance.
Almost all types of visas are allowed to get this card including B1-OCS, C-1/D, H1-B, J-2, K-3 and many others if person also has work authorization.

Does somebody have any info abt this if I can get one?

Hi there,

I see that was posted a long time ago, I was wondering if you were able to obtain a TWIC card with the pending Asylum status.

I look forward to your reply.
Thanks!

its from my own experience,when my asylum case was pending and i had c08 category they refused my application for twic,and i had to wait untill i got asylum approved and the A5 category on my new ead,now i have my twic valid for 5 years,,,

Hey guys.
I'm in asylum pending status waiting for hearing.
I've got SSN and Work Authorization C08 category.
To get a job I need to get the Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
Researching for the info about obtaining TWIC I found no information about asylum pending status allowance.
Almost all types of visas are allowed to get this card including B1-OCS, C-1/D, H1-B, J-2, K-3 and many others if person also has work authorization.

Does somebody have any info abt this if I can get one?
why do you need TWIC to get a job? EAD allows you to apply for any job from any company.