1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting married while AOS is pending

Discussion in 'General I-485 and Related Issues' started by mjakub76, Jan 14, 2008.

  1. mjakub76

    mjakub76 Registered Users (C)

    Hi all
    I'm planning to get married in two weeks, in USA, with a tourist visa holder. After the wedding she will come back to her country for next 4 months. I have a few questions:

    1. I'm still on H1-B, what kind of documents she needs to get H-4?
    1a. Is H4 the best solution for her?
    2. My PD is NOT current, can I file the 485 for my wife if she is out of USA?(lets say if my PD becomes current in 2-3 months, she will be out of country).
    3. Is there any problem that she gets married while she is in USA as a tourist?
    4. What kind of documents (regarding the marriage) we will need to file 485 for her?

    If you have any other tips, feel free to share them
    Thank you
  2. TheRealCanadian

    TheRealCanadian Volunteer Moderator

    A copy of your marriage certificate, a copy of your I-94 and some recent paystubs.


    No, she must be physically present in the US, legally admitted and your PD must be current for her to file her I-485.

    No, especially since she left afterwards.

    Same documentation you need for the H-4, essentially.
  3. mjakub76

    mjakub76 Registered Users (C)

    thank you

    very helpfull, as always

Share This Page