1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

getting married while AOS is pending

Discussion in 'General I-485 and Related Issues' started by mjakub76, Jan 14, 2008.

1. mjakub76

mjakub76 Registered Users (C)

Hi all
    I'm planning to get married in two weeks, in USA, with a tourist visa holder. After the wedding she will come back to her country for next 4 months. I have a few questions:

1. I'm still on H1-B, what kind of documents she needs to get H-4?
    1a. Is H4 the best solution for her?
    2. My PD is NOT current, can I file the 485 for my wife if she is out of USA?(lets say if my PD becomes current in 2-3 months, she will be out of country).
    3. Is there any problem that she gets married while she is in USA as a tourist?
    4. What kind of documents (regarding the marriage) we will need to file 485 for her?

If you have any other tips, feel free to share them
    Thank you
    :)
  2. TheRealCanadian

TheRealCanadian Volunteer Moderator

A copy of your marriage certificate, a copy of your I-94 and some recent paystubs.

Yes.

No, she must be physically present in the US, legally admitted and your PD must be current for her to file her I-485.

No, especially since she left afterwards.

Same documentation you need for the H-4, essentially.
  3. mjakub76

mjakub76 Registered Users (C)

thank you

very helpfull, as always
    thx
    :)