Getting married IN Venezuela - document questions/confusion

spectrrr

I'm moving to Venezuela in a few months to marry my fiance. We're planning the wedding for a few weeks after I arrive (followed by the CR1 process). To the US citizens who have gotten married in Venezuela and perhaps other countries as well (I'm sure there's some similarities, these are BASIC documents), I have a couple questions about the documents needed.

This is what the the local authority that will handle the civil ceremony said are the required documents for me to have. I'm trying to get them together now and send them to my fiance.

1) documento de nacimiento​
(birth certificate)
2) una carta de solteria (Internet searches have turned up a huge variety of "what" this is... I know what it is and how to get it IN Venezuela.... but here in the states, it's not clear WHAT will be accepted as proof of being single)
3) Passport (mail a copy, bring the original).​

And here's the part where my confusion really kicks in: "estos documentos debes traducirlos con un traductor certificado y aportillado por el consulado."

WHO has to do the translating? Anyone in the USA who says they are "certified" I just want to be sure certified here is ALSO recognized when I get to venezuela! What kind of "certification" stamps is the Venezuelan official looking to see????​

And then "aportillado por el consulado" (apostilla?) - which consulate? who? I gather that I need to send my birth certificate to the secretary of state's office to have it certified as a real document, aprotillado... but how do I have my elusive carta de soltera aportillado (apostilla?), when no such document exists here in the states?​

SO, for the guys/gals that have already had to put these documents together, what did you use that was accepted?

Thanks in advance!