getting laid off during AOS before 180 days of applying.

AC 21 -- 180 days rule

Hi,

I am new to this group and this is my first message. I am doing some research on ac 21 rule. I have a question about the salary range if we change any job after 180 days of our receipt notice. We should get the same salary or upto what extend we can go up ? What are the process after changing the new job ?
Can you plase update me if any one aware this matters.

Anjus

Greencard(1-485)

I got my EAD last week through my current employer.I have been working for them for nearly 3 years. Now the company is facing a serious threat of closing down or I may be get laid off.Can I legally find job with another company without affecting my green card processing?

For your info: the receipt date on my I-485 is 31st of July,2001 and the notice date is 24th of September,2001.Got my EAD on October 10th.

Any advice is highly apprecaiated

Status of I-485 after 180 days, if you plan on being in India until it comes up for approval

Suppose, your I-485 applciation is out there for 180days, and then you plan on going to India for say like 1 year, but, plan on being back before your application comes up for adjudication. If then you can provide proof of a job of similar description in the US and an intention to live in the US, then can you be questioned on ur period of absence from the US and denied the green card based on that.

Also, will the EAD and Advance Parole suffice for re-entering and working in the US, as long you have filed for the extension?

Counceller Process

I know what is counceller process. After I-140, the file is transfered to India to the nearest location of US Embessy from the living address in India. Please comment if i m wrong.

Is this process good to go for ???
What questions normally they ask ???
What is the ratio of success ???

Please let me know if you know something.

Thanks,

Chirag Bhagat
Email: chiragbhagat@hotmail.com

The famous "180 days " - is it after filing date or Notice date?

Is the 180 days law apply from the filing date or the notice date, because now a days there is always difference of about 1to-i and a half months difference between those two dates.

Thanks.
-shripad

Laid off within 180 days of filing I485

Hi all -
I had filed for I-485 and got a filing date in the 2nd week of Aug and a notice date of 1st week of Sept.
I was laid off recently but my employer said that they wouldnt be informing the INS abt it and wouldnt be revoking my H1 or I-140.
What are my best options for the moment ???

a) Do i get an H1 transfer done to a new company and will that jeopardize my I-485 ???
b) Can i use my EAD which is expected very soon and would that be safe ???
c) How much time do i have to transfer to a new H1 before going out of status ???
d) What is the current time taken by CSC to process the I-485... Is it generally more than 180 days ???
e) How strict have the INS become after the Sept 11th incident ??
f) How lenient are the INS abt a layoff situation (as my case is) ??
g) Is the 180 days rule applicable to the filing date or the notice date ???
Please Help guys !!!!!!!

Filed I-485 with receipt notice date less than six months...

Hello everyone,

I know that this question has been raised before but still wanted a second opinion -

My I-485 was filed with a receipt notice three months ago. My Advanced Parole and Work Authorization (EAD) have both been approved. My company has laid off employees and may layoff more soon (before my six months are over).

If the second round of layoffs happen and I am let go (before six months are over from the receipt notice date of my I-485), can I still continue my green card process?

From what I have been told, I can take up a second job on my EAD but am required to be working for my sponsoring employer at least till the six month period. So if I am laid off prior to six months are over, I presume I cannot use the EAD to work on another job? Also, what then will be the status of my green card (I-485) application?

Please help with options your attorneys would have shared with you\'ll....no guesses please!!

My attorney said it\'s fine

I was on the same boat, my attorney told me to start a new job asap using EAD, he said I can get my GC in two conditions
1. case be pending for > 6 months (which is normally true)
2. similar job

note in onwhere does the law requires you be EMPLOYED by the sponsering company

consult your own lawyer for advises
ccie

An Interview & Laid Off: Get a Job

My lawyer to me to get a job in the same category as the previous job. But I believe even if you don\'t get a job in this bad economy, you are still 70 % safe.

No Title

ccie

thank you...agree you don\'t have to be employed by the sponsoring employer but the I-485 portability provision says be employed with SAME employer for 6 months - correct?

Also, given the sad state of our economy, I may not be able to find a job right away...maybe two to three months before that can happen. Do i become out of status then, despite having EAD? Will i still get green card if I finally find a similar job after the two, three months of job search?

my lawyer is out of the office so if you can help in meantime, I will be very grateful

thank you

Do I have a legal status if i\'m searching fo jobs while on EAD

My I-485/EAD was applied for in July and I got laid-off in Oct. I received EAD y\'day. My prev company said it won\'t notify INS about my status for couple of months so I would still be legal until Dec. My question is, since I have my EAD now can I still stay on and look for a job after Dec. According to my lawyer I can\'t becoz I don\'t have an under-lining H-1 visa. I\'m confused. Would someone plleease clarify. Thanks so much.

No Title

Hi,

What would happen if i get a RFE after the 180days and i have switched companies. Because i am sure to get one because my company name has changed and most of them who have filed are getting the RFE.

Thanks,
DD

Changing Mailing Address from Lawyer

If i change my job after 180 days, how can I change the mailing address for future INS correspondence to home address. Currently, all my mail is going to my company lawyer.

Is there a form I can fill and let INS know the new address for future correspondence.

By the way I am still waiting for my FP notice (ND 03/24/2001, NSC). Any idea about this?

Signature card

I think you don\'t need that card. They take the picture of your signature from the application form. This is what happened with me.

EAD

Hi,
I would like to know how much time does it take for the EAD to arrive? Is it 90 days from the date of filing 485 or is it 90 days from the date of reciept of 485?

Does the EAD arrive before 90 days?

Thanks!
Sumaya

Laid off before 180 days..ways to salvage GC process??

Hi Alan Alan,

I am in the same boat as you. I applied my I-485 on 08/22/01, got reciepts ND is 10/23/01. Now my company laid me off with official Job seperation date of 12/27/01. As you can see, I will not be completing 180 days by 12/27/01. I am wondering how my GC process will be effected with this situation, especially as my employer says he will cancel my H1 and inform INS about the layoff(with draw I-140). My GC process is being handled by the company attorneys. I am planning to get a new H1 , but wondering how my GC process can be salvaged .

Any body, please let me know, if you have solution.
thanks

No Title

I havd a sister who applied under emnesty 1981 CSS and law says person havde to prove wheather he was in USA from 1981. She applied under Labor cirtification in Spril 2001 and like to know what steps she should take. She don\'t work for a same employer. Wha tis her choice, can she get her greencard under 1981 emnesty card or have any other choice. I also heard that end of this yr new law is going pass and I like to know if it is true. My email address is kashish10@aol.com. I will apriciete your help. Thanks!

No Title

I have a sister who applied under emnesty 1981 CSS and law says person have to prove that he was in USA from 1981. She applied under Labor cirtification in April 2001 and like to know what steps she should take. She don\'t work for a same employer. Wha tis her choice, can she get her greencard under 1981 emnesty card or have any other choice. I also heard that end of this yr new law is going pass and I like to know if it is true. My email address is kashish10@aol.com. I will apriciete your help. Thanks!

Getting married after filing 485

I have just received my EAD & advanced parole.However i continue to remain on my H1. I am going to get married in a couple of months. Can anyone please tell me whether i can still bring my wife on a H4 and also the process for filing a 485 application on her behalf and will there be any problems in doing so. Any advise is deeply appreciated.