Get Married in Court!

akshtray

Registered Users (C)
Hello:

Me (an indian citizen) and my fiancee (who is an american citizen) are based in CT. We are planning to get married soon and are curious as to what procedures we need to follow. What is the fastest way to get married so that we can get the legality of the marriage completed.

Can anyone please provide me with any details on the same. Also, after getting married what paperwork would we need to complete to change my residency status to a permanent citizen.

Please do let us know and we will greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Akshtray

a) to get married, you will have to contact the local court office.
If you search on google or something for court marriage in CT, you will find the CT website.

The NJ website is this :
http://www.state.nj.us/wedlic.html.

Once you are legally married and have the marriage license and Certificate, you can start the Family based GC process then.

you need to file the following forms :
I-485, I-130(sponsored by Spouse), EAD if required and Biographic forms...

goodluck

thanks ..

i am actually planning to get married in NJ .. so that helps ..

also .. how long does it take to get the marriage certificate and license for a court marriage ..

also .. if it is not a hassle for u .. can u tell me specifically what forms i will need to file .. other than the I-485, I-485A and I-130. I think i will need the I-485A as i have lived with my fiancee for over 1 year in the same house and am going to show that I can support myself.

Please advise as time is really short for me. My work EAD expires in March and I need to make sure I have all my paperwork (including the new EAD) by then.

Thank you.

Akshtray