• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

German Police Certificate

makomba

I am very overwhelmed that such a forum has been existing; Its got lots of helpful info and I regret not having discovered it earlier!!!

Please could someone help me out here;

I have my interview scheduled for august and one of the requirements is to get a police cerficate from any country you have lived out of your home country for more than 12months
I studied previously in Germany for 2years and its been a year now since i returned home to work so i asked a freind still residing in Germany to get me this police certificate

1; is the police certificate what is known as Polizeifuhrungszeugnis in Germany!

2; If yes my freind asked at the Rathause and she was told its only done for those currently living in Germany or those still having an Anmeldung there; so how do i go about getting one
plis smone help me out here

hallo

you need booth of them from Germany .

1- Adoptionsnachweise Polizeiliche Führungszeugnisse."

2- Gerichts- und Gefängnisakten.

wie kannst du die haben. ich weisse es nicht " how to have them i do not kown ".

grusse
loiy

Makomba, here is the thing: Double check with your consulate but I am pretty sure that you don't need court records if they are not applicable for you. So, if you never got in trouble in Germany, you don't need court records. Well, at least that's what I was told and I did not have to show court records (as I never got in trouble).

However, you do need the "Polizeiliches Fuehrungszeugniss". Below is an English link to the German Consulate webpage. You need to download the .pdf form, have it notarized and send it to the German consulate in Bonn (there is also a fee involved, something like 20 Euros or so). They will process the request and send the Fuehrungszeugnis to the address you gave them. http://www.germany.info/relaunch/info/consular_services/otherconsularservices/conduct.html

I ordered the Fuehrungszeugnis the way I mentioned above myself (I was living in the US) and it went pretty smoothly. They usually process the request within a day or two and send the form back to you. Hope that helps.

P.S. I just saw that you have your interview in a couple of weeks. You should have taken care of this waaaaaaay earlier. I would fed-ex the form to them ASAP. How long does it take to send a form from Germany to the place you live now?

Last edited by a moderator:
hallo klinsi

you have clear the things better than i , i gree with you.

loiy

hi,

hi,
he need to move fast. the Führugzeugnis takes about 2 weeks to be ready.
you also need to decide which is applicable. Führuzeugnis can be Belegart O or N.
O will be sent to the given address, US Consulate in this case, N Will be sent to u.
in your place I will apply for both. should in case i did not get the N before interview, I will simply tell them thát I applied for O , and it will be sent directly to the embassy.
good luck

Hi Makomba, read this:

Police Records
(Fuehrungszeugnis) Available.

Each person over the age of fourteen may obtain an individual certificate of conduct. The application can be made verbally by personal appearance or in simple written form to the registration authority at the following addresses mentioned below. Former residents of Germany, no longer registered in Germany, can apply for an individual record through the German Embassy or Consulate in their country of residence, or directly with the Bundeszentralregister in Bonn. The application form is available at the German Embassy/Consulate, or directly from the Generalbundesanwalt beim Bundesgerichtshof Dienststelle Bundeszentralregister. Personal appearance: Besucherservice, Adenauerallee 99-103, 53113 Bonn. Their office hours are Mondays - Wednesdays: 7:30 – 16:00; Thursdays: 7:30 – 15:30; and Fridays 7:30 – 14:00. Written requrests may be sent to: Der Generalbundesanwalt beim Bundesgerichtshof, Dienststelle Bundeszentralregister, Sachgebiet BZR 32 - Internationale Rechtshilfe, 53094 Bonn.

The fee for every certificate of conduct is €13. Payment may be made by remission of a non-negotiable check or bank transfer to the following account of the “Bundeszentralregister” – Deutsche Bundesbank, Bonn Branch, Sortcode: 380 000 00, Account no.: 380 010 05; IBAN-No.: DE24 3800 0000 0038 001005; BIC/swift-No.: MARKDEF1380. Fees charged by banks for the redemption of a (foreign) check must be added to the fee for the certificate of conduct.

Processing time - minimum of three to four weeks. More detailed information about downloading the application form and payment of fees can be obtained directly from their website.

Check website: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciprocity/reciprocity_3567.html

Took about 10 days from Germany to the US.

Another thing you might consider (IN ADDITION OF SENDING THEM THE NOTARIZED FORM THE REGULAR WAY), is to Fed-EX another notarized form to one of your friends in Germany. Your friend then can try to take the notarized form to the consulate and have them send the Police certificate to a German address you provided on the form (i.e. your friends address in Germany). Your friend then can Fed-Ex the certificates over to you. It might save you a few days. However, it might not work (see below)

I did it both ways:
#1. My Mom took my notarized form to the consulate (I wrote my home address in Germany on the form for them to send the certificate to) and two days later we had the certificate at my home address in Germany. However, I am not sure if that will work in your case. Maybe they just allowed it since my Mom went there...I am not sure (she is a smooth talker on top of a family member, I also had residency in Germany and I am a German citizen...so that might have helped). But since you are running out of time I would give it a try anyhow!
#2. I also Fed-Ex'ed the notarized form from the US to the consulate in Germany the regular way. I had the police certificate back in the US about 10 days later. But like other people pointed out.....it may take way longer than that.

Either way, you need to hurry up. Hope that helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got another enquiry.

firts of all thank u guys soooooooo much!: Klinsi, lal, Samko Gooma & Hansen
this forum has really got a wealth of info;
I contacted my consulate and the info was just all what you guys gave
So now i got the form, the place wher they indicate Aktuelle Aprivate Anschrift, should i write the adress of the place where i am currently residing? and will that be the adress where it will be posted, Or I can write the address where i would like it to be posted ?

Secondly how did you guys go about the translation to english , muss it be done by a certified translator or anyone can do it and have it certified by a competent authority such as a german language school in my area,?
must it be certified.
Please give me more light on this
thanks in advance

As I suggested before.....do it both!!!! That's what I did: I had one certificate sent to my home address in Germany and one certificate sent to me in the US. It's only like 13 Euro's per certificate. In your case it makes even more sense, since you are running out of time. I would have:

#1 one certificate send to your home address.
#2. one certificate send to your friend in Germany, so your friend can Fed-EX it to you as soon as he/she gets it----as I mentioned before, that might save you some time (if the officials in Germany will let you do that,in my case they let me sent it to two different addresses without a problem. However I still had German residency, so it might be different for you...I doubt it though, my guess is that they will let you send it to two different addresses without a problem. If in doubt, call them).

As far as the translations are concerned...I don't know since I attended the interview in Germany. You don't need translations there. I would assume that they would need official translations in your home country. However, make sure and contact your consulate.

Hope that helps!

It is 2020, almost 12 years later, and this info is still very very handy :):).

Did you guys have to get an "apostille" for the certificate?