GC holder sponsoring spouse that lives outside US.

Bujar

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I will be starting the process to bring my wife in the US next week and have some questions (we got married last month overseas) and hopefully will get some answers :) I've been in the US since 2014 and entered US legally with a DV.
1. As my wife lives outside the US do I have to file Form I-130A when I file Form I-130?
2. What supporting documents do I need to include with Form I-130?
3. It seems that I have to file Form I-485 (Adjustment of Status) or Consular Processing (CP). In which stage of the process I have to file this form? Also the affidavit of Support?
4. What are the exact steps through the application process (from the beginning of the process until the vissa is issued) as I found some different options online?

Thanks

1. yes
2. Read the instructions. Mainly, evidence of your permanent residency, photos of you, marriage certificate, and various evidence of bona fide marriage.
3. She cannot do AOS or CP until a visa number is available for her category and priority date. As the spouse of a permanent resident, she is in the F2A category, which currently has a wait of almost 2 years. That means she has to wait until that amount of time after the filing of the I-130 before she can do AOS or CP. If at that time she is in the US and in status (which is highly unlikely as they are unlikely to let her in as a visitor at that point), she can file I-485 for AOS. Otherwise, she would wait to be contacted about doing CP abroad.
4. Once you file I-130, it will be approved in a few months, but you continue waiting. When a visa number is almost available (almost 2 years after filing I-130), the two of you will be contacted about more materials that will be needed for consular processing, including an Affidavit of Support from you. She will go through the US consulate in her home country to get an immigrant visa.

1. yes
2. Read the instructions. Mainly, evidence of your permanent residency, photos of you, marriage certificate, and various evidence of bona fide marriage.
3. She cannot do AOS or CP until a visa number is available for her category and priority date. As the spouse of a permanent resident, she is in the F2A category, which currently has a wait of almost 2 years. That means she has to wait until that amount of time after the filing of the I-130 before she can do AOS or CP. If at that time she is in the US and in status (which is highly unlikely as they are unlikely to let her in as a visitor at that point), she can file I-485 for AOS. Otherwise, she would wait to be contacted about doing CP abroad.
4. Once you file I-130, it will be approved in a few months, but you continue waiting. When a visa number is almost available (almost 2 years after filing I-130), the two of you will be contacted about more materials that will be needed for consular processing, including an Affidavit of Support from you. She will go through the US consulate in her home country to get an immigrant visa.

Thank you for your response. What can I include as evidence of bona fide marriage as my wife lives overseas at my parent's house? Can I include family photos from our wedding and our holidays or this comes later in the process when she goes for the interview?

Namaste Rajivji

Here is my case background :

1. For the past 9+ years I have been working on EAD
2. When I filed for I-485 when it became current for a short period in 2007, my wife, daughter and son were not here and the attorney added their names and suggested to go for consulate processing when I get my and per attorney's advise I did so.
3. My I-485 just go approved on 16th and awaiting for the card in the mail.

What I am looking for :

1. I want to get my family members here asap
2. We need to contact visa center and file I-824 and asking them to release the visa numbers and once they release, my family members can go for consulate processing.
3. If I decide to go with your law firm, will you able to file for me, what would be the fee and how long will take for the entire process (approx.)

Thanks and regards