GC and Marriage Annulment

inxs007

Registered Users (C)
I got married 9 months back in india and me & my wife got a GC thru me at the time of marraige at an indian consulate. (This is a "follow" to join spouse petetion made by me at the same time as my consular processing for Green Card). Howvever she did not like to stay in US and left back to india within 1 month of arrival. Now she is not interested in living with me and is living with her parents in india. It is appearing like she was forced into this marriage, though she will not admit. Despite my best efforts she is not responding and has made it clear to me that she is not intrested in continuing a relationship. She is about 20+ and beahves like a kid. Her parents are stuck in a limbo and are not acting or responding to anything I say, just evading me for past 8 months. Also our marraige is not consumated. I am realizing that this marraige was a mistake and I would like to quitely end this marraige. Can the marriage be annulled and what is the process ? Does the annulment affect my GC status. She already has a GC thru my employment.
Thanks in advance.

No Title

You can file for annulment of marriage from US under various grounds like "irreconcilable differences", "spousal abandonment" etc. Keep all proof of all communication on your behalf, e.g. emails, phone bills, letters etc. Proof of general expenses like rent and video, photographs, etc can also help in showing your efforts in keeping your spouse happy. This will take time but it is doable.

You GC status will not be affected but your spouse (soon to be ex-spouse) would lose status if she is out of US for months.

Annulment is much different than divorce

I don\'t believe that you will be able to have a marriage annulled after this much time (if I remeber correctly a marriage that has been consumated is almost never annulled in the absence of fraud). I don\'t know what state you are in, and the answer may vary from state to state.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
http://www.geocities.com/jamesdmillsesq/

Reg 2nd spouse visa

Hi

I came in us in 1999 on Business visa B-1 & hv applied H-1 thru a clothing a co & got stamped from Mexico. My wife came in us in May 2000 on H-4 but unfortunately she left me as soon as she got her H-1 Docs ( She is in computers) . Now we r finally divorced. i am still working with a clothing co in NJ as a prodn analyst & hv applied G.card & got my labour approval recently. My question is :-

1.If i get remarried in india , will i be able to bring my 2nd wife in us on H-4 .If yes than which papers do i need to submit along with my H-1 papers.

Regds
Manny

Reg 2nd spouse visa-2

Hi

Thks for yr reply. Pls guide me how shld i submit papers.

Shall i drop my ist marriage certificate & 2nd marriage certificate along with my divorce papers in drop box ( New delhi) & write letter to cunsulate to get H-4 or

Shall i just drop 2nd marriage certificate along with wedding pictures for H-4 & if consulate ask for div papers than go & show them. Pls advise.

DO EMBASSY CHECK WHILE GIVING H-4 VISA TO SPOUSE THAT IF ONE SPOUSE HAS ALREADY TAKEN H-4 VISA PREVIOUSLY OR NO? PLS GUIDE ME ON THIS. THKS.

Thks. Manny

Best option go in person

Since you have new H4 application take all possible documents of both first marriage and second marriage, photos, certificates and go in person. If applicant filed for H4 before there can be a file (in database of INS/consulate) that can be accessed.

2nd spouse visa-3

Hi

Thks for response but the problem is New delhi embassy does\'nt allow u to to meet them in person. Firstly u hv to drop application in drop box & if need be they will call u for interview so i am afraid if they put REFUSAL STAMP ON her passport .it will be a total risk getting married in india. Pls adv what shld i do?

Thks
Manny

my abusive husband has filed for batteredspouse status stopping deportation HELP

I AM A U.S. CITIZEN WHO WAS MARRIED TO AN ENGLISH CITIZEN. DURING OUR MARRIAGE,HEWAS PHYSICALLY ABUSIVE. I FILED FOR DIVORCE BUT HE KEPT HAVING IN CONTINUED FOR ONE BOGUS REASON OR ANOTHER. WE HAVE A CHILD TOGETHER. ONCEI FILED FOR DIVORCE,I THEN WITHDREW MY PETITION FOR SPONSORING HIM. HE HAS NOW FILED PAPERS WITH THE INS ON THE GROUNDS THAT I BATTERED AND ABUSED HIM!!! HE HAS BEEN ARRESTED AND INCARCERATED 8 TIMES BUT ALL WERE MISDAMEANOR CHARGES. THERE ARE FOUR DIFFERENT WOMEN WHO HAVE FILED RESTRAINING ORDERES AGAINST HIMFOR THE SAME KIND OF PHYSICAL VIOLENCE.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS AND IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN REFUTE THIS EVIDENCE. HE WAS A CHRONIC ALCOHOLIC AND SLASHED HIS EYE DURING A DRUNKEN STUPOR. HE NOW CONTENDS THAT I DID THIS WITH A BUTCHER KNIFE. ANY ADVICEAPPRECIATED