1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

g-56 Form

Discussion in 'US Citizenship' started by JustImagineGR, Aug 2, 2008.

1. JustImagineGR

JustImagineGR Registered Users (C)

Hi everyone,

I recieved this G-56 form for an interview? It is saying that it is regarding my naturalization application (for which I already have an interview in september).

But the G-56 interview is in August.

What could this be for?

I got my derivative asylum thru my parent, and got my for green card few years ago. And applied for citizenship last year. I was adult when I got my green card.

Any help is appreciated it.

Thanks,
  2. boatbod

boatbod Registered Users (C)

Did the G-56 come direct from your local DO? Most regular interview letters are sent by the SC, so perhaps the DO wants to reschedule your interview sooner and decided to use the G-56 letter as the method to update you.
  3. JustImagineGR

JustImagineGR Registered Users (C)

My interview (main one) is scheduled at the Asylum Office i don't know why.

But g-56 interview is at field office. But the way I didn't send in my copies of greencard and photos when I filled out my N-400. So it says here:

Reason for Appointment:

1) Complete application, petition or appeal process

2) In regards to your N-400 application, personal interview

if above is the case, why a personal interview?
  4. Bobsmyth

Bobsmyth Volunteer Moderator

The G-56 is a General Call In Letter that is requesting you to bring additional evidence. My guess is that they first scheduled interview, then an IO pre-screened your application and found some additional evidence is required and sent out the G-56 form.
    Talk to an IO by phone or Infopass to confirm if you need to attend both interviews.