1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Obama's LEGAL immigration reform.

What does it mean? Listen to November 21 conference call recording. Subscribe to Our YouTube channel to be notified as soon as the recording is posted.

g-56 Form

Discussion in 'US Citizenship' started by JustImagineGR, Aug 2, 2008.

1. JustImagineGR

JustImagineGR Registered Users (C)

Hi everyone,

I recieved this G-56 form for an interview? It is saying that it is regarding my naturalization application (for which I already have an interview in september).

But the G-56 interview is in August.

What could this be for?

I got my derivative asylum thru my parent, and got my for green card few years ago. And applied for citizenship last year. I was adult when I got my green card.

Any help is appreciated it.

Thanks,

2. boatbod

boatbod Registered Users (C)

Did the G-56 come direct from your local DO? Most regular interview letters are sent by the SC, so perhaps the DO wants to reschedule your interview sooner and decided to use the G-56 letter as the method to update you.

3. JustImagineGR

JustImagineGR Registered Users (C)

My interview (main one) is scheduled at the Asylum Office i don't know why.

But g-56 interview is at field office. But the way I didn't send in my copies of greencard and photos when I filled out my N-400. So it says here:

Reason for Appointment:

1) Complete application, petition or appeal process

2) In regards to your N-400 application, personal interview

if above is the case, why a personal interview?

4. Bobsmyth

Bobsmyth Volunteer Moderator

The G-56 is a General Call In Letter that is requesting you to bring additional evidence. My guess is that they first scheduled interview, then an IO pre-screened your application and found some additional evidence is required and sent out the G-56 form.
    Talk to an IO by phone or Infopass to confirm if you need to attend both interviews.