1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

Future interview in English for my brother?

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by lily124, Apr 25, 2012.

1. lily124

lily124 Registered Users (C)

I am a U.S. citizen filing for I-130 for my brother. He and his family currently live outside the U.S.
    Would his future interview be conducted in English? Would he be denied if he doesn't speak good English? What questions would they ask him? I know it takes 10-12 years, so his interview won't be occuring until then? Would it help if I fly back to join him for the interview?
    Many thanks for your kind reply. I would be very grateful.
  2. Triple Citizen

Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

No

3. lily124

lily124 Registered Users (C)

thanks

What if he only speaks very little English or no English at all? Many thanks! Would a translator be allowed?
  4. Triple Citizen

Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

Yes, most consulates allow a translator if the GC applicant speks little or no English.

5. id0mu

id0mu Registered Users (C)

I know that translators are available, but if he intents to immigrate to US, maybe it's a good idea to start learning English?