Fulbright J1 waiver, How long does it take?

dealnest

Registered Users (C)
Here is the time line of my application... I think I have the longest time line ever... what do you think? Any suggestions? HELP!

Change of Address Received June 20, 2006
Request for Sponsor Views Sent May 18, 2006 (this is the third request for sponsor views, first one was on April 22, 2005)

Sponsor Views Requested April 22, 2005
Fee Received April 19, 2005
Form DS-3035 Received April 19, 2005
Form DS-2019 Received April 19, 2005
Form I-612 Received April 19, 2005
Form I-613 Received April 19, 2005
Affidavits Received April 19, 2005
Incomplete Information Letter Sent March 31, 2005

Based on hardship

Based on hardship, I'm from the Gaza Strip, I argued that Overall, conditions of lawlessness -- including running gun battles and kidnappings -- deteriorated health system, would be extreme hardship for my American Children....
Its has been 26 months since I submitted the application to Nebraska service center.
I don't know what to do...

Favorable Recommendation after 29 months

It took them 29 months
Department of State Decision: Favorable Recommendation

Sponsor Views Received May 09, 2007
Recommendation Sent May 09, 2007
Request for Sponsor Views Sent April 03, 2007
Change of Address Received June 20, 2006
Fee Received April 19, 2005
Form DS-3035 Received April 19, 2005
Form DS-2019 Received April 19, 2005
Form I-612 Received April 19, 2005
Form I-613 Received April 19, 2005
Affidavits Received April 19, 2005
Incomplete Information Letter Sent March 31, 2005

Congratulations! That was a long wait. I know a Palestinian who was refused a hardship waiver, but she then somehow appealed and got it. She was from the West Bank though. Too bad about conditions in Gaza.

Honestly, if they don't consider the conditions in the West Bank and Gaza Strip enough grounds for hardship, then nobody else should qualify for hardship. My main reference was this http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_922.html
Along with 17 pounds of extra documentation from UN, WHO, Journal articles, documentary DVDs.
I showed my application to a co-worker and she strated crying....

Congratulations! That was a long wait. I know a Palestinian who was refused a hardship waiver, but she then somehow appealed and got it. She was from the West Bank though. Too bad about conditions in Gaza.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the case of the person I know, she told me that the adjudicator was clearly pro-Israel because, when he denied the first petition, he made some political arguments to refute the claims. He also claimed that the child and husband could stay behind in the US while she completed her HRR - her child was a couple of months old at the time. I'm glad they got their case sorted out, and you as well.

Only people who suffered agony of war know the meaning of peace

May peace prevail on earth... Amen