former TVU students - F1 stamping

shradha_123

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have applied for COS from F1 to H4 in Jan after the Trivalley university was raided.I have received a receipt but the case is still pending with initial review status. Meanwhile i have got admission into a good university for fall 2011. I want to abandon this F1 to H4 pending application and go to my home country to apply for a new F1 visa for the university which i'll be starting in Fall 2011. Are there any chances of my new F1 visa issuance at the consulate getting affected because of TVU?..

If anyone who was a TVU student has gone for F1 stamping (for a different university) , please share your experience at the consulate. Also, was there any concern for such students at POE in US?

Some one please suggest whether i should stick around to hear the pending decision for F1 to H4 COS or just leave the country and get a new F1 stamp for a new university.. I presume that F1 to H4 COS would most likely be denied because i had not maintained status (TVU shutdown) before filing I539 for COS..

forget about F1 to H4.

Do you have valid visa on your passport ? if yes which one ?

If you don't have any valid visa on your passport then is your husband on valid H1 ?

If you have valid visa then try the re-entry option. that's the better solution.

If you don't have visa then go to india and get the H4 visa. as F1 would be mostly difficult to get after this TVU debacle.

And you can study on H4 Visa, so better to get that one.

forget about F1 to H4.

Do you have valid visa on your passport ? if yes which one ?

If you don't have any valid visa on your passport then is your husband on valid H1 ?

If you have valid visa then try the re-entry option. that's the better solution.

If you don't have visa then go to india and get the H4 visa. as F1 would be mostly difficult to get after this TVU debacle.

And you can study on H4 Visa, so better to get that one.
Thanks nxp for taking time to reply.. I was on H4 but the H4 stamp on my passport was valid till march 2010.

I want to go on F1 and the university which i'll be starting this fall is a very recognized university.
The reason i want to go on F1 is i can work on RA and also after one year, i can take up summer internship. This would cover up substantial amount of my tuition fees..

Hi shradha_123,
which university r u planning to go?
can you let us know the details it would be very helpful for me & other students if it is Accredited university.
Thanks,

The reason i want to go on F1 is i can work on RA and also after one year, i can take up summer internship. This would cover up substantial amount of my tuition fees..
In some states, e.g., California and Texas, you can qualify for in-state tuition at public universities on H4 (or H1) just fine. The only thing that's not possible on H4 is working as TA or RA, or during summer.
In fact, that's what I myself did. I was enrolled at the University of California while working on H1. I always paid in-state fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
In some states, e.g., California and Texas, you can qualify for in-state tuition at public universities on H4 (or H1) just fine. The only thing that's not possible on H4 is working as TA or RA, or during summer.
In fact, that's what I myself did. I was enrolled at the University of California while working on H1. I always paid in-state fees.
JO1234, as i had told before my husband is an Indian employee. He stays in US only for the duration of his project in US. His work is based out of India. His project is till Feb 2012. If i am on H4 then i'll have to return the same day he leaves US, this would interrupt my studies here. So dont want to take a chance with this university and again goof up my F1 status. Also on H4 i would forgo internship opportunities. Many students do internships during summer break.

Another thing, just for my information, I wanted to know when i go for F1 stamping, will the visa officer find out that i had enrolled with trivalley university?.. or will he just focus on the current school/.. If the visa officer doesn't ask about trivalley , should i disclose it to him and explain the circumstances?..

The VISA officer knows all your history. Never try to misrepresent anything. if he asks any thing about your US history, you should tell the truth. and why you ended up facing that problem.

Ya but if they don't ask then you don't have to answer about it. But if they ask you have to tell the fact.

Good luck.