1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Format for Sworn affidavit attesting to relationship and marriage

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by bhartiya_12, Mar 9, 2009.

1. bhartiya_12

bhartiya_12 Registered Users (C)

Is there an acceptable template or format for getting sworn affidavits by U.S. citizen, friends or family attesting to relationship and marriage ?

Thanks
  2. sharky77uk

sharky77uk Registered Users (C)

Guys

I need to do this as well. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I am sure someone in this forum has done this affidavit. Plus does this affidavit need to be notorized.
  3. sharky77uk

sharky77uk Registered Users (C)

I also found this looking through the forums so I may just use this. I cant post urls so I am posting the content

The affidavit letter do not have to be notarized but I think it is best to do it. I will sent my I-751 in 2 week.
    Here something may help you.
    Things you need to include on the affidavit:
    • Person's full name, address and perhaps telephone.
    • Their relation to you (friend, co-worker, neighbor, relative, etc)
    • Length of knowing you (you-guys)
    • How often seen/visited
    • Perhaps, last occasion of visit.
    • Perhaps a brief personal statement (whatever that may be, depends on the person).
    AFFIDAVIT OF PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP

I, __________, residing at _______________________________________,

Being duly sworn depose and say,

1. That I was born on _____________ at ______________.

2. That I am ____ years of age and have resided in the U.S. since _______.

3. That this affidavit is being submitted on behalf of the following persons:
    ____________________ & __________________

4. That this affidavit is being made by me for the purpose of assuring the U.S. government that the persons named in item 3 have a true and loving relationship that was entered in "good faith," and is not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws.

5. That I acquired my knowledge of the relationship between the persons named in item 3 in the following manner:
    __________________________________________________ ________

OATH OR AFFIRMATION

I swear (affirm) that the contents of this affidavit are true and correct to the best of my knowledge.

Signature of person making this affidavit: _______________________________

I am doing my application by myself.