1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

Format for Sworn affidavit attesting to relationship and marriage

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by bhartiya_12, Mar 9, 2009.

1. bhartiya_12

bhartiya_12 Registered Users (C)

Is there an acceptable template or format for getting sworn affidavits by U.S. citizen, friends or family attesting to relationship and marriage ?

Thanks
  2. sharky77uk

sharky77uk Registered Users (C)

Guys

I need to do this as well. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I am sure someone in this forum has done this affidavit. Plus does this affidavit need to be notorized.
  3. sharky77uk

sharky77uk Registered Users (C)

I also found this looking through the forums so I may just use this. I cant post urls so I am posting the content

The affidavit letter do not have to be notarized but I think it is best to do it. I will sent my I-751 in 2 week.
    Here something may help you.
    Things you need to include on the affidavit:
    • Person's full name, address and perhaps telephone.
    • Their relation to you (friend, co-worker, neighbor, relative, etc)
    • Length of knowing you (you-guys)
    • How often seen/visited
    • Perhaps, last occasion of visit.
    • Perhaps a brief personal statement (whatever that may be, depends on the person).
    AFFIDAVIT OF PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP

I, __________, residing at _______________________________________,

Being duly sworn depose and say,

1. That I was born on _____________ at ______________.

2. That I am ____ years of age and have resided in the U.S. since _______.

3. That this affidavit is being submitted on behalf of the following persons:
    ____________________ & __________________

4. That this affidavit is being made by me for the purpose of assuring the U.S. government that the persons named in item 3 have a true and loving relationship that was entered in "good faith," and is not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws.

5. That I acquired my knowledge of the relationship between the persons named in item 3 in the following manner:
    __________________________________________________ ________

OATH OR AFFIRMATION

I swear (affirm) that the contents of this affidavit are true and correct to the best of my knowledge.

Signature of person making this affidavit: _______________________________

I am doing my application by myself.