Form I-539 :

IAmTiredOfThis

Registered Users (C)
The instructions for the form say that one should explain :

"why your extended stay should be temporary including what arrangements you have made to depart from USA"

What does one do about this ? As of now the return ticket is for the original date and I wasn't planning to extend it untill I get a receipt for the extension.

on the same boat

See my post titled ' sticky problem....'. Is it a six months or four months ticket? From what I heard, INS needs copy of ticket for proof of going back. If it is four months ticket, you can extend it for about 200 bucks each.

I think you should file the extension without airline ticket.

Normally INS will not deny the first extension without RFE. If you get RFE, just buy a ticket and send the copy to INS.

But I do not know how to answer the question in the I539 Form. The question did not exist when I file second extention for my parents-in-law just over half a year ago. They got only one month extension and them left the country (stayed 13 months in USA). Now my parents just arrived with 6 months stay. I want to extend their stay for another 6 months, but do not want to fix the returm date without knowing the outcome of the application. Somebody please let us know how to answer the question without returning ticket. Thanks.

Can we answer like: Just want to tour more places in USA during Spring and Summer time and stay with son's/daughter's family for a few more months. Have not yet bought the return ticket because we do not know the outcome of this application. If we want to stay in USA illegally anyway, there will be no point for us to file this application. Your help on the extension of our temporary stay in USA allowing us to stay with my family a little longer, and to visit more places in USA is highly appreciated.

Please comment.