For Azadindian

nofreedom

Registered Users (C)
Azadindian in the previous posts you said:
... Hell Alenpero:
I applied I-485 in December 1999 and got FP notice due in two wks. Do you think I should be able to make it by March 2004? Just advice! ...

What is your Received and Notice Date?

Mine: RD 12/28/1999 ND 01/10/2000

Hi Nofreedom
Here are my dates:
RD-Nov.7th 1999
ND-Dec.9th 1999
FP Scheduled Aug. 27th 2003

Please keep updated on your case too.

So, they go by RD, and yours is before Nov 19. That's a good news for you. Hopefully you will get your GC next year, and if you do, that means that there is a chance for me to get it next year as well. Hmm ... I guess just pray and wait to see ...

thanks Azadindian ...

Ok Guys, I am lost here. A while back I posted a message regarding my notice of action that i never received after subminting my I-485 application. when I check my status online it shows received date 12/06/1999. is this the RD that you all are talking about?
what is the ND?

thanks for the input.

Well, I guess I was never sure what each of these dates represent and which date BCIS uses. But to answer your question, RD is Received Date. On the actual receipt notice from old INS, they have two dates, Received Date and Notice Date.

My understanding is that Received date is when INS received our application and notice date is when they sent you that notice. Now, which date BCIS uses? My guess is Received Date .... An input from somebody else would be nice too. Gilbert? Alanpero?

Sorry, just checked my status and they say that my application was received on Jan 10. Guess I was wrong and they use notice date instead of Received Date??

Now question is that Azadindian ND is after Nov 19 and he received a letter for FP.

Here is what status says for my app:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on January 10, 2000. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

The Online Case status will say the exact same thing your notice receipt says. BCIS goes by the Receipt Date - date which they got your application. The Notice Date - merely means the date they put your information into their database and printed out a receipt for you. Does this make sense?

I got all of this from a Nebraska Service Center representative before they merged all calls to the NCSC.