Florida Labor Cert - Anyone

No Title

Here is probably what we\'re dealing with: They have 5-6 people working in this LC unit, and their work capacity is probably around 180-250 cases per day(estimated). In April alone, they got somewhat 6,000-10,000 cases due to 245i. If they normally get 500 cases per month, then it\'s 1500 additional till end of July. If you do the math here, you\'ll find it\'ll take about 60 working days(2 & 1/2 month) before they get to August cases. The Atlanta DOL part would take an additional 2-3 months. So if your is filed in August(RIR, that is)then it\'ll be cleared around March, April time frame.

The actual process might be a lot different than what I described, but this at least gives me a framework on what\'s going on.

No Title

Raj Ram, Kriss and Miami: Has any of your LC cases been cleared? If so could you post your case info: PD, Category, case#, RD and AD?

Jmishra, did you get your receipt/case number from them yet?

SESA is working towards the end of April now but who knows how many were filed on 4/30.

Still pending....

Hi Mike: Mine is still pending. Have not heard anything so far....Mine was file on May 29th 2001. Hope things will move fast.
Thanks.

No Title

Hi Mike

RIR - EB3

Filed at FL (SESA) : 03-09-01.
Received at Atlanta: 06-12-01.
Issued \'NOF\' : 08-23-01 (Salary less than Min.Prevail. wages)..
Sent response : 09-25-01.

Waiting for the day to be certified (Hopefully within 2 weeks ?)

Receipt/Case Number

Mike L, I am still waiting for the receipt/case number from FL SESA. FYI, based on the fedex tracking #, my application for labor was accepted there on Aug 7. My attorney is saying that he still hasnt heard back from them.

No Title

Jmishra,

As far as I know, they won\'t issue a receipt until the case is ready to be transferred to DOL. This is actually good because it eliminates an unnecessary step but does create some confusion. If say, it takes another two weeks(yeah right) to clear all April cases, then you should be able to receive your receipt in around a month.

To verify this info, Miami, did you get your case number/receipt from SESA sometime late May/early June? If so, then Jimishra and I shouldn\'t worry.

No Title

I remember I got my case# only from Regional Office (Atlanta), during early June. In my opinion unless the case is transferred to Regional office from State DOL, you may not receive any sort of info.

Some say they received the transfer letter but in my case none.

No Title

jmishra,

That 1 month estimation is off because I\'ve mistaken your file date with that of Miami. Yours and mine should be cleared around March next year per my formula.

What data did you include in your response to \'NOF\'

I\'m in a similar boat. Could you please email me offline at adabas@hotmail.com or post the info on this board. Your assistance would be grately appreciated.

Thanks,
Ram

LC approved

LC approved. Filed in Florida SESA on 04/09/2001 in RIR catagory
Approved LC on 10/09/2001 by DOL, Atlanta

No Title

Jay N,

When was your case transfered to Atlanta? Did you ever get a notice from FL before the transfer?

BTW, FL SESA is still processing 4/27. So a lot of cases have been transferred and will be transferred to Atlanta in October which means DOL\'s processing time will slow down when it reaches October(July or August currently).

Good luck with your 1-140, Jay!

No Title

We haven\'t received any notice from FL before transfer. So we dont know when this case is moved to Atlanta

FL DOL Any update ?

Guys, anybody has any update on what FL/DOL/RIR is processing? I filed on May 23rd. Any ideas, when I can expect to move to Atlanta ? Thanks in advance.

FL SESA Any update ?

My employer talked to FL SESA office and they told that they will be sending my papers over to ATL DOL. Here are some dates -

Aug 8 - Reached FL SESA
Nov 12 - Processing finished at FL SESA, sending over to ATL DOL.

Mike, you may want to talk to your employer/attorney about giving FL SESA a call.

Good luck.
JM.

No Title

jmishra,

You might want to double check with your attorney. I spoke with my attorney and he seriously doubted if SESA had finished April yet. I called SESA several times today but I don\'t believe they work today(Vetrans\'day). Are you sure the Nov. 12 date you\'ve got is correct?

FL SESA

This was what my employer told on Fri - they have finished processing my app and will be sending it over to ATL DOL this week at the earliest.

I too could not believe it. But am trying to reach my attorney and confirm this.

No Title

jmishra,

Did speak to someone at FL SESA today and was told they wereworking on June/July so it\'s quite possible that yours\' has been processed.

No Title

Hello folks:
It is terrible to see this agonizing wait for a Permanent Residency to this great country... Many of us have to face this agonizingly slow task and as soon as we are through we forget about it! It is high time we, the taxpayers did something about it!
I propose the following:
Everyone (including anyone that you know) should ask their lawyers to petition AILA to lobby in the US Congress and House (in fact, our employers can write a petition too), to streamline the Labor Certification approval process so that Labor must be certified in a reasonable amount of time (like 1-2 months instead of 1-2 years!).
Please post your thoughts on this...
Thanks,
-KRSN