"FIRST COUSIN" GreenCard HOLDER

ONEDAYIMAY

Registered Users (C)
Hello, I'm from Europe, single and in my early 20's and I know that now would be the perfect momment to make the move..(if it was that easy)....
I have one cousin living in the USA (GC holder), but there is nothing she can do for me as far as I know right?..She is not rich neither the owner of a big company...
But talking about me, I'm just a regular guy and as far as my studies, High school Diploma is where I stopped.

With all this being said, I really don't see any other realistic way to get a GC, other than DV lottery... Do you agree guys ? Or AM I missing any other option related with my cousin? I want to make sure I get it straight and clear in my head, and nothing better than ask here, even thought my question might sound a bit unnecessary for someone...

KEEPING IT SHORT:
QUESTION: "Any advantage towards GC by having a relative (Cousin) living in US with a GC for a few years now?

Thank you.

KEEPING IT SHORT:
QUESTION: "Any advantage towards GC by having a relative (Cousin) living in US with a GC for a few years now?

None.

However, if that cousin has a US citizen parent who is a sibling of your parent, that aunt or uncle could sponsor your parent, who could later sponsor you. But that's about a total of 20 years of waiting for you.

other than DV lottery...
Have you checked the list of countries which are excluded from the DV lottery?

No..... All he is trying to tell you is that not all countries are eligible for DV lottery. So make sure your country is before banking on that option.