• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Finding a job as an engineer before moving

My case instead:

Master Degree in Electrical Engeenering
10+ years esperience in software engineering.

I'm planning to make some job interviews with Skype starting in the next months.

What do you think? Is there a hope that I find a company that help me also with relocation? After all, I have all the USA cities at disposal. I don't know if I would have the courage to land in USA alone without a job, at my age, with a not-so-perfect English (but probably I would do it)

You most definitely will not find an employer that will assist with relocation. Most US employers are no longer willing to provide relocation assistance to new prospects within the US talk less of an international relocation assistance.

My case instead:

Master Degree in Electrical Engeenering
10+ years esperience in software engineering.

I'm planning to make some job interviews with Skype starting in the next months.

What do you think? Is there a hope that I find a company that help me also with relocation? After all, I have all the USA cities at disposal. I don't know if I would have the courage to land in USA alone without a job, at my age, with a not-so-perfect English (but probably I would do it)

Agree with @Sm1smom.

You need to remember that you are up against local candidates who may not require relocation at all. International relocation costs being met is highly unlikely, unless you are an absolutely outstanding find (internationally renowned, niche skill set, highly sought after).

I landed in the US without a job. I had one within five weeks.

You are trying to make this move a 'no risk' proposition. No such thing when you're immigrating. You'll have to take on some risk.

You are trying to make this move a 'no risk' proposition. No such thing when you're immigrating. You'll have to take on some risk.

^^^this is so true.

That said, on the face of it, I would expect it to be fairly easy to find a job with those qualifications/experience as long as you do some basic rsearch first - like finding out which regions are more likely to have jobs in the specific field/area you're most qualified in.