Financial Aid For Asylees?

denver3883

Registered Users (C)
My asylum case has been recently approved. I heard that there are certain benefits that come with it. One of them is financial aid. It might as well be a rumor, but i thought i'd ask. I heard that as an asylee i would be eligible for $400/week. Please, let me know, i can definitely use some extra money.

I think it is in case you have children but in case you 're in need , you can get food stamp. it might not be good for green card application if you use for a long time food stamp....for financial aid for studies it is ok.

review this link: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/orr/benefits/cma.htm

You will be entitled to financial aid described above for no more than 8 months (as measured from the date of your asylum grant).

Your asylum status will also entitle you to food stamps etc for seven years from the date of the asylum grant.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the answer. is that true that receiving food stamps might somehow jeopardize my chances of getting GC in a year, as the previous post suggests?

thanks for the answer. is that true that receiving food stamps might somehow jeopardize my chances of getting GC in a year, as the previous post suggests?

It will not impact your green card application at all if you are applying for a GC on the basis of asylum approval.

Please pals... more information...:confused:

more web links

what about the medical insurance qualifications??? I heard some were denied... why?

are there any links?

I know a lot of asylee got Medi-cal "Medicaid", I live in idianapolis...

80% of asylee that I know have Medi-cal ... I'm asking how not to be from the other 20%

some were denied Medicaid because they presented bank statements that they spend 700 $ "I think" per month.

I really need to know how the system work, I don't have a penny left with me :-( and my asylum interview is in 2 weeks, I need to know what to do after the approval "if I was approved"

Thanks

you are so right... I was a pharmacist in my country and had great life before my threats... then I lost everything... anyway I will try to build myself up from zero again but I thought I can use some assistance like medicaid or any other assistant at least in the first 2 months only till I find a job.
now I don't have work authorization because I'm not an asylee yet
My interview is in 2 weeks and I just wanted to get ready.
a family has agreed thankfully to host me since my entry to USA but till when?

I only wanted to know what assistance that I can get after approval
medical, some type of an appartment... few dollars.

if there is any web links too I will be grateful... just for the "critical" first 2 months not the rest of my life, even in the form of a loan!!

I know a lot of asylee got Medi-cal "Medicaid", I live in idianapolis...

80% of asylee that I know have Medi-cal ... I'm asking how not to be from the other 20%

some were denied Medicaid because they presented bank statements that they spend 700 $ "I think" per month.

I really need to know how the system work, I don't have a penny left with me :-( and my asylum interview is in 2 weeks, I need to know what to do after the approval "if I was approved"

Thanks

Have your final approvel and apply, with no more $2000 in your bank account.

Have your final approvel and apply, with no more $2000 in your bank account.
Thank you for this advice... but is this a general rule?

I know a family of 1 mother and 2 daughters they have only 1 thousand in bank but the medicaid application was declined for the mother "50 years old" and 1 sister "22 years old" while only the 15 years old daughter got medicaid.

she was told if she have 199 $ in bank she would be approved !!!

Is there any rules in this matter? any web links so that I can read the rules?
what about lodging? will I get assistance on this?