Fiancée lives in Country with no US Embassy

mrnaj

Registered Users (C)
Hello all -

I'm petitioning my fiancée who lives in Syria. There is currently no US consulate or embassy in Syria and I'm using Turkey as designated embassy for the interview. However, I did some research online and it seems that the embassy will be sending packet and forms to the beneficiary when the petition is approved. I'm not sure if the US Embassy in Turkey would not mind mailing packages to Syria especially under the current circumstances in Syria (a civil war is taking place in Syria currently). Also, in Syria, there is no home delivery for mail and I highly doubt that government P.O.Boxes services is reliable at this time. I'm not sure if I can just put her phone number as the address? Would that work?

I'm afraid that any packages sent from the embassy to my fiancée will be lost in the mail. Does anyone have experience in petitioning fiancé(e) who lives in a country with no US embassy? Would USCIS inform me (the petitioner) when they send out any packages to the beneficiary? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks