Hi,

I am doing my m.pharm in India,what should i do if
i want to work as a pharmacist over there in
USA.Whether they will consider m.pharm or not.Am I
eligible to give FPGEE(or)I shuld give any other
licensure exam over there.I DID DIPLOMA IN
PHARMACY,BACHELOR OF PHARMACY(2003),THOSE WHO HAVE
COMPLETED B.PHARM AFTER 2003 ARE NOT ELIGIBLE for
giving fpgee exam.Is that right. What other options I have now.

Thanks in advance
Surineni

fgpee 2003

hi there! where you able to find out abt the fgpee2003 rule?i finished my 4 yr bpharm degree this year in Tanzania, i will start doing my intern in december for one year.I was planning on doing the FGPEE after my intern.Is it possible?Does the one year intern adds up to five year?....or can i use my Adcanced level results to add the years?I took Physics,Chemistry and Biology for my A level (for two years).

Hi,
I am doing my MPharm in India. Am I eligible for FGPEE? ..If so How I should proceed...is it necessary that I must must be in states for filling the application for FGPEE...Should I apply for it now itself...Please reply

eligibility

guys, I am sorry all of u are not eligible. Start lookin for other alternatives like
going back for pharm.D not masters if u really want to practise in the united states. good luck

Hi, I'm from the Philippines. I graduated last march 2007 and i passed the licensure exam last july 2007. am i eligible to take the fpgee? if not, why is that? what could i possibly do in order for me to be eligible for fpgee?

if i were to continue my studies in the us, am i not eligible for that, too? or am i?

hi dear friends i completed my b.pharmacy in 2006, i gt info. somthing obout the FGPEE exams, but i dont have any info about this, i dont know whether i m eligible for this exam or not?

THOSE WHO HAVE COMPLETED B.PHARM AFTER 2003 ARE NOT ELIGIBLE for

please anybody is there? for giving the right info. about this exam? i really want to do preparation on FGPEE exam but still i dont get any information

please send me some real info. please... help me and others..... thanks dear frds bye.... tk cr...

hi dear friends i completed my b.pharmacy in 2006, i gt info. somthing obout the FGPEE exams, but i dont have any info about this, i dont know whether i m eligible for this exam or not?

THOSE WHO HAVE COMPLETED B.PHARM AFTER 2003 ARE NOT ELIGIBLE for

please anybody is there? for giving the right info. about this exam? i really want to do preparation on FGPEE exam but still i dont get any information

please send me some real info. please... help me and others..... thanks dear frds bye.... tk cr... please reply me as soon as possible...

hai
i am dileep and i have competed my b.pharm in india and currently i am studying m.s in chemistry in east carolina university and after completing my m.s am i eligible to take naplex exam

hi ashish,
i am sorry to point out that you may not be eligible to take FPGEE. according to new NABP rules ( national association of board of pharmacists), the foreign pharmacist who are eligible to take FPGEE should have atleast 5 years of continous study in pharmacy. let me also point out to you that doing your M.Pharm may not be counted towards the requirement of 5 years continuous study ( in short going for M.Pharm may not help you).
the option you have is to join a pharmacy college in US and get ur Pharm.D degree here. some colleges and universities offer accelarated pharm.D programs,(try western university of health sciences ) so that you dont not have to study for the entire 6 years (ie: 2 years of pre- pharmacy and 4 years of pharmacy school). if u r planning to pursue this option, u should first clear TOEFL with a score the college requires and you should get your certificates evaluated by the evaluation agency the college prefers ( ex- WES (world education services) new york, joseph and silny associates etc.) and should have a GPA score (grade point average) of 3 or more (out of 4). ( different colleges require different GPA scores but most of them require a score of atleast 3 out of total 4). then you should apply for your student visa and all that stuff and also should prove that you have enough funds to cover your entire study.
hope this info would be helpful. best of luck

dileep,
when did you passed B.Pharm?? having MS in chemistry will not make you eligible to apply for NAPLEX straight away or to practice pharmacy in united states (pharmacy and chemistry and treated as different subjects!). if you passed B.Pharm prior to 2003, you could apply for FPGEE and after ( and only after) clearing FPGEE, you could take NAPLEX.

Hi,
I am doing my MPharm in India. Am I eligible for FGPEE? ..If so How I should proceed...is it necessary that I must must be in states for filling the application for FGPEE...Should I apply for it now itself...Please reply

joious,
please refer to my post to ashish. there is enough info in it to answer your question. as to whether you should be in the states to apply for FPGEE - it is not necessary. but you have to come to US inorder to write the exam. (FPGEE exam is offered within US only)

Accelerated pharm D. Pgms!!!

Hi godzy,
Thanks for ur sggestion...But what do you mean by -the option you have is to join a pharmacy college in US and get ur Pharm.D degree here. some colleges and universities offer accelarated pharm.D programs,(try western university of health sciences ) so that you dont not have to study for the entire 6 years (ie: 2 years of pre- pharmacy and 4 years of pharmacy school). ..Could you tell me abt accelerated pharm D. pgms... because studying again for 6 yrs is not possible...

Can I go for a doctorate in Pharmacology in U.S. or Canada??? will tis make me eligible for FPGEE???

hey i have a question id really appreciate if you guys can help me or ill go crazy here.
I studied pharmacy for 4 years in Turkey.I know im not eligible for FGPEE in this conditions.But im doin master of clinical pharmacy in Turkey which is goin to take 2 years.Am i eligible for FGPEE? or i have to do pharmd in the U.S anyway?doing master of clinical pharmacy in Turkey will make any difference?

Thank you

hi.i m living in pakistan.i hav completed my 2yrz studies of pharmacy hee.here it z five year rograme.so i hav a plan of shifting to canada.plz tel me how can i transfer get admision in canada in a pharmacy collage.my 2yrz vil b included or not.tel me abt migration from pakistani uni to canadian uni.plz plz help me.i dont know how can i get admision in canada.

Hi godzy,
Thanks for ur sggestion...But what do you mean by -the option you have is to join a pharmacy college in US and get ur Pharm.D degree here. some colleges and universities offer accelarated pharm.D programs,(try western university of health sciences ) so that you dont not have to study for the entire 6 years (ie: 2 years of pre- pharmacy and 4 years of pharmacy school). ..Could you tell me abt accelerated pharm D. pgms... because studying again for 6 yrs is not possible...

Can I go for a doctorate in Pharmacology in U.S. or Canada??? will tis make me eligible for FPGEE???

sorry for the delay in getting back to you. i understand that studiying for 6 more years is not a viable option. accelarated pharm.D program helps you to finish your pharm.D in 3 years. it is an option that is available for foreign pharmacists and those pharmacists who only have a B.S degree but wish to pursue Pharm.D. it lets you finish pharm.D course in 3 years because they will give you credit for all the studies you did in pharmacy. go to the website http://www.westernu.edu/xp/edu/pharmacy/ipbp_about.xml and you can learn more about that.
i dont think you will be qualified as a pharmacist by doing doctorate in pharmacology. ( as you know pharmacy is not just about pharmacology- it encompasses a wide variety of subjects which are critical to patient care). i would also like to point out to you that canada and US do have entirely different rules and different exams for some one who wish to practice pharmacy ( this means that even if you get a pharm.D from a canadian university, you still have to write FPGEE, NAPLEX and MPJEE inorder to practice as a pharmacist in US and vice versa).
if you do not want to pursue Pharm.D ( accelarated or traditional), it is indeed a very good option to get a doctorate in pharmacology (or pharmaceutics or in medicinal chemistry)( pharmaceutical industries offer a good pay to someone with a doctorate). the only problem you might face is getting admission to the doctoral program ( most teachers take only a few students per year and that too is based on some quota system). so if you want to do doctorate, apply to as many universities and colleges as possible. (try universities like university of florida, university of south carolina (my place), university of georgia, university of california and so on).
hope there is enough info in this letter to help you. feel free to contact me if you need any more clarification. take care

hi I have completed B-pharm in dec 2003.i think i am not eligible to write fpgee.i am authorised to work in US.what type of jobs can i get.

hey i have a question id really appreciate if you guys can help me or ill go crazy here.
I studied pharmacy for 4 years in Turkey.I know im not eligible for FGPEE in this conditions.But im doin master of clinical pharmacy in Turkey which is goin to take 2 years.Am i eligible for FGPEE? or i have to do pharmd in the U.S anyway?doing master of clinical pharmacy in Turkey will make any difference?

Thank you

help me plz

hi.thanx for suggestion.but i hav not got a satisfactory answer.my problem is this,that i m living in pakistan and doing my pharm-D from a pakistani uni.now i hav a plan of shifting to canada.i hav completed my 2yrz of pharmacy education.keep in mind here it z a 5yrz programe out of which i hav completed 2yrz.so wot shuld i do for migration from a pakistani uni to a canadian uni.they vil consider my previous stdz or not.plz guide me.
wid regardz.

Hi guys,

Can anybody tell me the passing score for FPGEE? How many questions in the paper and the time duration for the exam??

Thanks in advance.