Fellowship during MUA service

sert

Registered Users (C)
My question is a hypothetical however it represents what i might end up doing depending on how possible it is

I have learned some states allow doing subspecilists MUA service in order to obtain waiver. i also learned some fellowship programs accept J1 and H1 visas. Now my question is this.

If you graduate your residency you have find a job and obtain a waiver and you automatically have to change to H1 status. Now what happens if I decide to apply to a fellowship program after one year working in private practice. Can i continue my fellowship under H1 and if my fellowship locations falls under MUA category ask state to see if they would consider the time i serve during my fellowship training as a part of my MUA service commitment
or do i enter fellowship under H1 and complete fellowship and at the end of fellowship do 2 more years MUA service in order to fulfill J1 requirements
or
Do I switch back to J1 and do 2 more years of MUA service at the end of fellowship by switching to h1 again (i guess that would be the most painful)

it may sound confusing but any help/answer is greatly appreciated

so what happen?

Hi
i just read your post and i am in the same boat. What did you do?
Is it doable?

Appreciate your response. Thanks!