FedEx Receipt or Processing Receipt or Actual Transfer

mehul93

I am transfering my H1 to Company B; They filed under Regular Processing ; Fedexed documents to Vermount on April 18th 2007.

New Company Lawyers state that I can start working as soon as the documents are Fedexed....

Forums advice to wait for Receipt......

My new Company NOW agrees to file Premium but will now have to wait for the Regular receipt...this process will take 3-4 weeks...

As my new company is requesting to join ASAP....I am confused when to join ? After fedex ? After processing receipt or wait for actual transfer....

PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES.....

Do not join until you get a receipt number from the processing center. FedEx receipt is not valid.

I will have to eat my words here. Because it is taking 6 to 8 weeks to get the receipt, my company's lawyers now say that I can start with the FedEx receipt.
And that is what I am going to do. Good luck.

No. once your filing fee is encashed then you can see the receipt number on the back of your check. that way you will come to know when your petition was received by USCIS. FedEx receipt number is not a valid one.

No. once your filing fee is encashed then you can see the receipt number on the back of your check. that way you will come to know when your petition was received by USCIS. FedEx receipt number is not a valid one.

It is not that FedEx receipt number is invalid, it is just risky. The risk being, what if INS lost your case or something like that. On another note, why do you think that they would cash the check and not give you the receipt number ?

I havent received a receipt number, simply because INS has not yet picked up my case.

And mukeshinmd, I would suggest that you refrain from thread crapping. I have visited the website that you point to, it does not have anything there. It might be just a started website.