Federal Plaza NYC Interview yesterday & Oath letter question

helpmefightback

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
I am going through this process for the second time, as my first application was denied last year (3 year rule - marriage based application).

Here is my journey thus far, second time around:

GC holder since March 21, 2008 (married to U.S. citizen since 1997)

10/31/14: Priority date of N-400 (5 year rule), Lewisville TX
12/06/14: FP scheduled - Done in Bronx
03/04/14: Interview done at Federal Plaza NYC, passed testing, received form indicating application recommended for approval
X/XX/14: Oath scheduling que
X/XX/14: Oath Letter received
X/XX/14: Oath Ceremony
X/XX/14: Applied for Passport
X/XX/14: Received Passport

I asked the IO if I could wait to receive my oath letter and he advised "unfortunately we no longer give out oath letters after interviews at Federal Plaza". He said I will have to wait 3-4 weeks to receive it in the mail. Is this a new policy? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to wait, have a look at my timeline. For my wife it took much longer to receive the oath letter and we had the interview at the same date. She ended up having the oath a month after me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have done mine interview on March 3 and it was recommended for approval and I am waiting like you on my letter for my oath ceremony

My oath ceremony was scheduled today and letter sent out....received email notification and case status has been updated on USCIS website as well.

hi my Interview was on 7/2/14 at Federal Plaza NYC i passed testing, received form indicating application recommended for approval and iam still waiting for oath ceremony ? any one had interview at that day ? thanks

Last edited:
hi my Interview was on 7/27/14 at Federal Plaza NYC i passed testing, received form indicating application recommended for approval and iam still waiting for oath ceremony ? any one had interview at that day ? thanks

7/24? Think you are talking about 6/27, right?

Do you actually live in the city or in which county?