• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

February 2015 Visa Bulletin Published

My cn is AS13,6xx, my mom is the principal applicant, my dad i and my sister are the beneficiaries, i sent my DS-260 in may, my dad's and sis' in July, my mom's in august

is it enough time for KCC to process the form?

My cn is AS13,6xx, my mom is the principal applicant, my dad i and my sister are the beneficiaries, i sent my DS-260 in may, my dad's and sis' in July, my mom's in august

What a bizarre way to submit the forms? I assume none of them will have been dealt with until your mom's was submitted, if she is the principal applicant. How old are you and your sister?

What a bizarre way to submit the forms? I assume none of them will have been dealt with until your mom's was submitted, if she is the principal applicant. How old are you and your sister?

indeed it is, i filled out my form first because it was the easiest, my sister dad and mom need some additional time to retrieve the needed information
anyway, I am 16 and my sister is 21 (turning 22 this august) she'll probably have to be sponsored separately as she will have aged out come the interview date

indeed it is, i filled out my form first because it was the easiest, my sister dad and mom need some additional time to retrieve the needed information
anyway, I am 16 and my sister is 21 (turning 22 this august) she'll probably have to be sponsored separately as she will have aged out come the interview date

Since your mom is the main selectee, processing couldn't have started until her form was submitted, so your own form being submitted in May is irrelevant as far as KCC is concerned. I'm surprised though that the system allowed you to submit yours without your mom's having been submitted first.

I would say it is more than enough time to process, given you case number. Call them up and ask about the status if you are too worried. I have high case number as well, submitted the 260 in late October. Judging by the reply to my email I got from KCC it might as well be that they finished processing my forms in early January. I am not too concerned though, it is a long way to go before I get current. But, of course, processing time varies case by case. Many people report up to 5.5 months of processing.

No, that is not why you were left out for March. If your number was 23999 but you had filled out your form in July you would be interviewed in March.

You were right. I emailed KCC this week asking about the situation of my case. They gave me a very optimistic answer:
"Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing.... KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of March."

Hope we will be that lucky, even we submitted the DS in September

You were right. I emailed KCC this week asking about the situation of my case. They gave me a very optimistic answer:
"Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing.... KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of March."

Hope we will be that lucky, even we submitted the DS in September

That response is an ambiguously worded generic response that means something unambiguous. Your forms are fully processed (completed) and you are already current - so you will receive an April interview.

You are going to drive yourself nuts stressing about when they pick up the form and start processing. FORGET ABOUT IT. Just don't even think about it until April!!!
I know I should not think about it , but I cannot stop thinking about it...I called today again - I could not wait any longer - and my forms have not even started processing ..almost 4 weeks...this is quite worrying...I so much regret I have not sent earlier... maybe I ruined my chance to get the card, just because I sent late...Hopefully they will be picked up in February ..

When we open our ds-260 I found it complete in front of each name, is it mean it's reviewed or what does it mean by the word process?
Thanks

When we open our ds-260 I found it complete in front of each name, is it mean it's reviewed or what does it mean by the word process?
Thanks
Complete simply means that you have filled up your form and submitted it. It does not indicate whether KCC has processed or even started processing it.

Any predictions for the next visa bulletin and when it's going to be released ?I am interested about Europe!

I know I should not think about it , but I cannot stop thinking about it...I called today again - I could not wait any longer - and my forms have not even started processing ..almost 4 weeks...this is quite worrying...I so much regret I have not sent earlier... maybe I ruined my chance to get the card, just because I sent late...Hopefully they will be picked up in February ..

I am curious about the sub-stages of PROCESSING and somehow confused as well. All I know so far is this, please correct me if I am wrong:
1. DS260 gets submitted.
2. Waits in the database until the other DS260 submitted before you are processed.
3. Starts processing.
3.1. Even though they say it is started, it waits to actually get started?
4. Finishes processing
5. Sent to embassies once the CN gets current.
6. any other stages there that I don't know?

- Is the term picked-up means same as started processing? Who is picking up what?
- What does it actually mean "started processing"? Do things move faster after they say your DS260 has started processing?
- Currently, in which stage the DS260 is taking long time, at 2 or during 3?
- According to current estimates, how long is it taking from stage 3 till 4.

I am curious about the sub-stages of PROCESSING and somehow confused as well. All I know so far is this, please correct me if I am wrong:
1. DS260 gets submitted.
2. Waits in the database until the other DS260 submitted before you are processed.
3. Starts processing.
4. Finishes processing

- Is the term picked-up means same as started processing? Who is picking up what?
- What does it actually mean "started processing"? Do things move faster after they say your DS260 has started processing?

Hello,

I submitted on Jan 7, but my number is high. I think these are all logical stages, but you never know. When I called after almost 4 weeks, I was told that my DS260 is waiting in queue to start processing (picked-up by someone to start processing). I have no idea how fast things move, but it is quite worrying that after 4 weeks, DS260 has not started processing. Based on what I read on the forums, I think both stages 2 and 3 take quite long time. Stage 2 is at least 4 weeks now for me. If your DS260 is processed before 2 months that you become current (when VB updates), then you are going to have the interview on the month that you are current. If not, there are delays in stage 5 - and once you get into delays at the end of the year for visa, it gets quite risky. That is what I think. Till you do not get your stamp in your passport, it is like you do not have it.

My impression is they do say they process in order they receive, but I am not sure 100% about it. I think they split by regions, they process in order they receive by regions. It is not really in the order they receive. And lately they are messaging people that have not submitted DS260 to tell them to submit. To be honest, I do not think this is fair. Because they should spend time processing what they got, not emailing people telling them to apply. But it is a lottery, so I guess anything is possible.

But you are safe, if you get current in May. I am only getting current (if I hopefully do) in July/August. My number is Europe region.

A.

1. DS260 gets submitted.
3. Starts processing.
4. Finishes processing

Wow. You are really overthinking this. Really.

You can't do anything about any of that. When you submit the DS260 is takes about 4 to 5 months before it is ready.

Hello,

I submitted on Jan 7, but my number is high. I think these are all logical stages, but you never know. When I called after almost 4 weeks, I was told that my DS260 is waiting in queue to start processing (picked-up by someone to start processing). I have no idea how fast things move, but it is quite worrying that after 4 weeks, DS260 has not started processing. Based on what I read on the forums, I think both stages 2 and 3 take quite long time. Stage 2 is at least 4 weeks now for me. If your DS260 is processed before 2 months that you become current (when VB updates), then you are going to have the interview on the month that you are current. If not, there are delays in stage 5 - and once you get into delays at the end of the year for visa, it gets quite risky. That is what I think. Till you do not get your stamp in your passport, it is like you do not have it.

My impression is they do say they process in order they receive, but I am not sure 100% about it. I think they split by regions, they process in order they receive by regions. It is not really in the order they receive. And lately they are messaging people that have not submitted DS260 to tell them to submit. To be honest, I do not think this is fair. Because they should spend time processing what they got, not emailing people telling them to apply. But it is a lottery, so I guess anything is possible.

But you are safe, if you get current in May. I am only getting current (if I hopefully do) in July/August. My number is Europe region.

A.

They probably would spend more time doing processing if people would stop phoning them to see if they have started processing yet. Really - you can't do anything about that. As I have told you before -you are driving yourself nuts - and none of it matters anyway because your form will be completed before you are current!!!!

As for people being emailed it is the right thing to do. Those people did not know about their win because of a system glitch in the early days. It would be unfair not to tell them to check again.