• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

February 2007 Visa Bulletin available

wht!!!! it came out on the 8th? as it says below, ppl have been looking all this time and it must be a wrong link or something. well ukraine u follow the worldwide category. :D

the results for febraury

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN MARCH

For March, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2007 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 15,250 Except:
Ethiopia 13,300
Nigeria 9,125
ASIA 4,450
EUROPE 13,175 Except:
Ukraine 10,400
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 700
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,010

bijuria11 said:
wht!!!! it came out on the 8th? as it says below, ppl have been looking all this time and it must be a wrong link or something. well ukraine u follow the worldwide category. :D

The date shown inside is not the date it came out. And the "current bulletin" link wasn't updated for some reason, the bulleting appeared in "archived bulletins".

In any case, what do you mean by "worldwide category"? I am a bit worried about Ukraine, could it be that Ukraine numbers won't advance anymore? The Ukraine cutoff for March is the same as for February. My number is approx. 14750, now I have no idea when to expect the interview, if at all. :confused:

if ure talking about the dv visas, then look at the feb bulletin again, it says tht it will stop in march i think, for dv 2007. and it has the max number for ukraine i think, so take tht number and subtract the current number if its given in the dv visa bulletin for feb, and hpefully ure in there somewhere.

bijuria11 said:
if ure talking about the dv visas, then look at the feb bulletin again, it says tht it will stop in march i think, for dv 2007. and it has the max number for ukraine i think, so take tht number and subtract the current number if its given in the dv visa bulletin for feb, and hpefully ure in there somewhere.

Current number for February: 10,400. Max number for Ukraine in March: 10,400.

Where does it "says tht it will stop in march i think, for dv 2007"? What do you mean? I don't understand you. Please quote the bulletin.

Cut Off

PLS CAN ANY ONE EXPLAIN WHAT CUT OFF MEANS, I HAVE NOT RECIEVED MY 2ND LETTER AND MY CASE NO IS AF14XXX

MODEST

petrojet said:
C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN MARCH

For March, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2007 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 15,250 Except:
Ethiopia 13,300
Nigeria 9,125
ASIA 4,450
EUROPE 13,175 Except:
Ukraine 10,400
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 700
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,010

Entitlement to immigrant status in the DV category lasts only through the end of the fiscal (visa) year for which the applicant is selected in the lottery. The year of entitlement for all applicants registered for the DV-2007 program ends as of September 30, 2007. DV visas may not be issued to DV-2007 applicants after that date. Similarly, spouses and children accompanying or following to join DV-2007 principals are only entitled to derivative DV status until September 30, 2007. DV visa availability through the very end of FY-2007
cannot be taken for granted. Numbers could be exhausted prior to September 30.

thts from the feb bulletin.

i think cut off means like for example they say um ukraine will get a maximum number of 5,000 dv visas. then once they get to 5000, they cant go any further, even though they chose more ppl than needed. this is wht im thinking, but it never hurts to make sure with other ppl. i hope u get in there, good luck. if im wrong, feel free 2 correct me someone.