• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

FBI Name Check

Denniz

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I'm a bit confused about FBI name checking process. Does that happen before CP interview or after? I'm Iranian living in England and I know that it takes minimum of 2 months for Iranians to get the result.

If I have the interview in March, when I should expect getting visa on my passport?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Denniz

Denniz said:
Hi Guys,

I'm a bit confused about FBI name checking process. Does that happen before CP interview or after? I'm Iranian living in England and I know that it takes minimum of 2 months for Iranians to get the result.

If I have the interview in March, when I should expect getting visa on my passport?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Denniz

Dear Dennis,
each Embassy/Consulate will follow their own procedures. Based on someone's experience I've read about, In London it will probably take two months, unless you have applied before at the same Embassy for example for a non-immigrant visa. I seem to remember you intend to have your CP in Ankara. If you choose London to do your CP then at least you would wait for the FBI clearance and passport with visa (yes, you'd get it after the clearance) there where you reside. If you do it in Ankara you may need to wait there for as long as it takes and no-one really knows how long that is.
But you may have other reasons for choosing Ankara.

Good luck

Barbara

Many thanks Barbara for the prompt response. Actually I did choose London Embassy in DSP-122, but later I called KCC and asked them to change it back to Ankara.
The reasons for changing the post to Ankara were:
1) I've found out that London embassy is much more busier than Ankara and takes more time than other embassies to process visas.
2) Ankara website seems to be the most informative website among US embassies. It shows all the interview dates and also other information esp for Iranian on their website.
3) I've read in Ankara embassy website that "Iranian immigrant processing posts are only in Ankara, Vienna, Abu Dhabi, Frankfurt and Naples".

I'm not sure if I did a right thing to do. I suppose DV is all about your luck and taking chances!

Regards,
Denniz

Hi Denniz,
I'm sure Ankara will be just fine. Yes, for Iranians there was a list of alternative cities plus of course the country of residence.
There were a few winners who'd done CP in London last year and the result of the interview is done on the spot, visa issuance only took a few days. Yes, the London Embassy is super-busy and for that reason also they are well organised (I applied for various non-immigrant visas there six times over a period of 10 years, never had delays).
In Ankara they may be well organised too knowing they have to accommodate Iranians and consider the FBI check. So, it'll be OK.

Barbara