• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

FAMILY DETALIS in DS-260..PLEASE!!

Taim

Dear all...thank you for your effective supports..

I have won the DV2018 and my DS260 is Completed and just I'm doing a review before submitting.

I have some inquiries:

1- In the question about my father PLACE OF BIRTH, as in his old passports "the real" place of birth is in Jerusalem, but in his new passport it is written "Jordan".

Shall I use Jerusalem although it is written in his most recent passport Jordan?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2- My mother's city of birth is NOT mentioned in her passport and only the country is mentioned. Also the day and month of birth are not mentioned and ONLY the year of birth is mentioned in her passport.

Shall I follow the passport ONLY? and Use "I Don't Know" option in City of birth, or I can use the city of birth as well as the day and month of birth as my Mom knows them, although they are NOT mentioned in --her passport?

3- Can I use ONLY my bank statement as an evidence of not becoming a public charge? or I have to use plus to that the form I-134?

4- I will get the Bank statement from my saving account "Bank" which is in my nationality country, but my interview will be in another country "country of residence" Is this will be a problem?

5- In the travel.state.go and regarding the translation is NOT required if the documents are written in English OR in the official language of the country of interview "Arabic in my case". BUT Why still I have to translate all documents to English from Arabic Language?!

SORRY FOR LONG INQUIRIES!

I WOULD APPRECIATING YOUR RESPONSES.

Dear all...thank you for your effective supports..

I have won the DV2018 and my DS260 is Completed and just I'm doing a review before submitting.

I have some inquiries:

1- In the question about my father PLACE OF BIRTH, as in his old passports "the real" place of birth is in Jerusalem, but in his new passport it is written "Jordan".

Shall I use Jerusalem although it is written in his most recent passport Jordan?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2- My mother's city of birth is NOT mentioned in her passport and only the country is mentioned. Also the day and month of birth are not mentioned and ONLY the year of birth is mentioned in her passport.

Shall I follow the passport ONLY? and Use "I Don't Know" option in City of birth, or I can use the city of birth as well as the day and month of birth as my Mom knows them, although they are NOT mentioned in --her passport?

3- Can I use ONLY my bank statement as an evidence of not becoming a public charge? or I have to use plus to that the form I-134?

4- I will get the Bank statement from my saving account "Bank" which is in my nationality country, but my interview will be in another country "country of residence" Is this will be a problem?

5- In the travel.state.go and regarding the translation is NOT required if the documents are written in English OR in the official language of the country of interview "Arabic in my case". BUT Why still I have to translate all documents to English from Arabic Language?!

SORRY FOR LONG INQUIRIES!

I WOULD APPRECIATING YOUR RESPONSES.

1. If your father was born in Jerusalem, then write Jerusalem as his place of birth.

2. If your mom knows the correct information, write that down regardless of what her passport says.

3. It depends on the embassy where your interview will be taking place. It however doesn't hurt to have the I-134 on hand even if your embassy doesn't typically request for one.

4. All the more reason to get an I-134.

5. I don't know what you mean by why still you have to translate if your documents are in the official language of the interviewing country. Anyway translating those documents into English will become useful when you come to the US - documents in Arabic will not be useful to you in the US.

Mom has answered all but I wanted to respond here when you say you "have to" - I presume you are asking this because you checked your embassy and it requires it? You don't say where you are interviewing - but there are a few embassies that do require all documents translated in English even if they are in an official language of the country so that does sometimes happen. I see Jordan is one of these that requires English translations. If that's what they require, you have no choice.

1. If your father was born in Jerusalem, then write Jerusalem as his place of birth.

2. If your mom knows the correct information, write that down regardless of what her passport says.

3. It depends on the embassy where your interview will be taking place. It however doesn't hurt to have the I-134 on hand even if your embassy doesn't typically request for one.

4. All the more reason to get an I-134.

5. I don't know what you mean by why still you have to translate if your documents are in the official language of the interviewing country. Anyway translating those documents into English will become useful when you come to the US - documents in Arabic will not be useful to you in the US.

Thank your for your reply.

Regarding the translation you are right I will do it.

BUT the I-134 shall it filled by someone in USA or any where else?

Thank you in advanced!

Mom has answered all but I wanted to respond here when you say you "have to" - I presume you are asking this because you checked your embassy and it requires it? You don't say where you are interviewing - but there are a few embassies that do require all documents translated in English even if they are in an official language of the country so that does sometimes happen. I see Jordan is one of these that requires English translations. If that's what they require, you have no choice.

Thank you for your concern..

Shall I attest the translations from the foreign ministry for example or it is enough JUST to translate with the translator stamp?

Thank you for your concern..

Shall I attest the translations from the foreign ministry for example or it is enough JUST to translate with the translator stamp?

I have no idea what the Jordanian requirements are, have you checked the embassy website?

The I134 has to be by someone in the US.

I have no idea what the Jordanian requirements are, have you checked the embassy website?

The I134 has to be by someone in the US.

Most of the region US embassies are sharing the same information and links direct you to the main US VISA website, I , mean NO specific info. regarding the translation issue.

I will apply in Kuwait.

Most of the region US embassies are sharing the same information and links direct you to the main US VISA website, I , mean NO specific info. regarding the translation issue.

I will apply in Kuwait.

I don't understand what you mean about linking to the same website. It's the same standardized format but the information is different per embassy. For example there is clearly a difference between Saudi Arabia, which does not require English translations, and Kuwait, which does. https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...visa/interview/prepare-for-the-interview.html (at least I assume this is the page you are using to check the embassy requirements? If not, it should be)
And did you read the requirements about what is needed for translating documents on this page? https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html :
"The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the: Translation is accurate, and, Translator is competent to translate. "
If you think your embassy will be different then you should contact them directly or check the embassy website. Each embassy has its own website.