Fairfax Office - case transfer and Interview Notice

IL_LABOR

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

My case was filed from Nebraska Service Center . This year I added my wife to the i-485 and both our cases got transfered to fairfax office. At that time my official address was of virginia. Seeing the retrogression I gave up the hope and decided to buy a house in Maryland and continue on EAD. I took an appointmet at the fairfax local office and updated my address with the new address in MD.The officer told us that the file will get transfered to Baltimore local office in 2 weeks. After 4 weeks I took an appointment at baltimore local office and found that the file was not yet transfered. I also filed form AR-11 with for both me and my wife with the change of address.

I followed up with the virginia Senator's office and they came to know that fairfax office is scheduling an interview for me and verifying my address. This Saturday on 23rd Dec I received an interview notice for feb 2006 at the fairfax local office. But the letter also states if I have changed my address within the last 30 days then I need to verify the same by sending a form that is attached with the application.

My question is:
The old address is my brother's address. Will it be okay if I go for the interview in feb 2006 taking the interview notice. I have a MD licence now but my wife still had Virginia licence as she didn't get the appointment till march 2006 for her Maryland licence. Can I justify the fact that I already updated the fairfax office with the change of address that's why I didn't send the second change of address that came with the interview notice.

If i lose this chance then my file will again be in the process of getting transfered to baltimore local office which might take anwhere between 6 to 12 months for new interview.

Please suggest what should be best for me in this scenario. My PD is Sep, 2002. The current PD for EB2 is jan 2001.

Thanks

Personally I do not see any problem with showing up in Feb interview. As long as they can reach you at brother's address it should be good to go! I don't believe the address issue will come up, but if it does, say what happened. You changed the address, but still reachable at old one. You got this notice of interview and did not want to waste any more time.

Anybody stuck in Washington DC(Fairfax) Office?

My case has been transferred to Fairfax(Washington DC) office on March 29th and there is no notice after that except tranfer notice mail.

I guess I am expecting the interview and I want to know if there is anybody who is in the similar situation. I found that DC office is processing 5/13/2006 as of 3/15/2007 and I have been told that DC office is one of the slowest offices.

Is there anybody who is in the simlar situation?