F3 Wait time

Ambarish

I am India born, married with children. We all became Canadian citizen in 2004.

My mother, a US citizen, will apply for our green card.

If I am not wrong, according to visa bulletin, for Indian citizen it takes 10 years in F3 category. However, us being Canadian citizens, our consular processing should be done in Canada. Any idea what will be the wait time in this scenario?

Family preference immigrant visa cases take additional time because they are in numerically limited visa categories. The length of time varies from case to case and cannot be predicted for individual cases with any accuracy. Some cases are delayed because applicants do not follow instructions carefully. Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer.

Thanks angela20. The processing time is less than one year. But that is not what I am talking about. After processing, depending on country of birth, a person has to wait until his/her priority becomes current. For India born beneficiary that wait period is about 10 years. That is the wait period I was referring to.