F2B->F1 - almost time to file AOS - final checklist

princesskate

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Finally my friend is about to submit his application (waiting for the September's bulletin, he just needs the F1 line to move 2 weeks forward) and wanna make sure he includes everything... please take a look of the following and advise if there is anything missing - thank you!

background: F2B w/priority date 08/24/01, his mom (petitioner) became USC in 11/06.
status: F-1 visa w/ OPT expiring 8/25/07. H-1 visa approved with start date 10/1/07.

Here is a list of what my friend is going to submit:

- I-485
- G-325A (himself) <-- REQUIRED? (he doesn't know if his mom submitted G-325A when his parent applied for I-130 for him)
- G-325A (his USC) <-- REQUIRED?
- I-765
- I-131
- I-864
- I-693
- Check of $930 payable to Department of Homeland Security
- Check of $80 payable to Department of Homeland Security

- Copy of the approval letter (received in 2005) of his I-130
- A letter requesting the upgrade from F2B to F1
- 2 passport photos

- Copy of his birth certificate
- Copy of his mom's birth certificate <-- REQUIRED?
- Copy of his parents' marriage certificate <-- REQUIRED?

- Copy of his passport (last page which shows his photo and his info)
- Copy of his driver license
- Copy of his Social Security Card <- REQUIRED?
- Copy of his F-1 visa
- Copy of his I-94
- Copy of all his I-20's
- Copy of his EAD card (from OPT)
- Copy of his approval letter for H-1 visa with the new I-94

- Copy of his mom's naturalization certificate
- Copy of his mom's US passport
- Copy of his mom's tax return for last 3 years
- Copy of his mom's company letter
- Copy of his mom's recent paystubs<- REQUIRED?

- Copy of his tax return last year <- REQUIRED?
- Copy of his college diploma <- REQUIRED?
- Copy of his company letter <- REQUIRED?
- Copy of his recent paystubs <-REQUIRED?

Will submit the above documentation all together to
U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

He also has some questions:

1. Is there anything missing?
2. Does the gap between 8/25/07 (OPT expiration date) and 10/1/07 (H-1 start date) affects his AOS?
3. Does he need more than 2 passport photos? (For I-131, I-765?)
4. Is there any special format for the letter of request (F2B->F1)? Would it be a problem not having the upgrade request submitted in advance, or USCIS upgraded his petition automatically once his mom become USC?
5. Does only I-864 need to be notorized? Anything else?

Thank you very much for your help! :)

any input would be greatly appreciated.

btw, the september 07 bulletin is out. Please see my another thread for the link.

Family-based (not marriage) AOS anyone?

Hi, I also would like to know answers to these questions. Hopefully will be going through the process next year (PD November 2002). I am getting ready to send an upgrade letter to NVC from F2B to F1 due to petitioner's upcoming naturalization.

Those who are going through the adjustment (family, not marriage based) could you please share your experiences with us?

Thank you!

seems like you've got everything in place just tell him to gather all the docs make 2 copies each and go thropuigh them before final submission.... request for more materials delays cases alot...

any input would be greatly appreciated.

btw, the september 07 bulletin is out. Please see my another thread for the link.

I think his mother should have request a upgrade from the USCIS of his petition to F1. If NOT, the USCIS still have him in F2B, therefore he will not be able to apply for AOS until the request is made and it is completed.

I think his mother should have request a upgrade from the USCIS of his petition to F1. If NOT, the USCIS still have him in F2B, therefore he will not be able to apply for AOS until the request is made and it is completed.

I've heard some cases that they requested the F2B->F1 upgrade together with the I-485 application when the PD became current. (I remember chromedOut was one of them...) But not quite sure what should be put on the upgrade request letter...

F2B Upgrade letter

I searched the forum for examples of upgrade letters, but did not find any.
This is what I have composed so far, I wonder if anything else should be mentioned in the letter:

I am writing to upgrade a I-130 petition (Unmarried child 21/older of permanent resident, 203 (a)(2)(B) INA) I have filed for my daughter, NAME OF BENEFICIARY, DOB XX/XX/1978 on November 24, 2001 (Receipt number LIN-XXXXX). The petition was approved and sent to the National Visa Center on May 20, 2006 where it was assigned case number XXXXX. On June 10, 2006 I became a United States Citizen and would like to upgrade my I-130 petition to that of unmarried child 21/older of citizen, 203 (a)(1) INA.
Attach approval notice, letter from NVC and Naturalization certificate.

How long to get the GC in hand for F1/F2B category?

I have seen a lot of marriage-based timelines on this forum, however I did not find any unmarried/married child timelines for receiving a GC through AOS. Could anyone in the latter category please share their timeline...

Does anyone know how long it takes from filing I485 to receiving the physical green card?