F2A Type Visa - what does this mean?

rashbabee

Registered Users (C)
My mum, a parmanent resident filed for my brother under I-130, who at the time was still 18, now he is 23.

In Dec 2010, he was given an interview day, all documents requested had been submitted and acknowledged. After the interview, he was found ineligible to recieve a visa under section 221(g). The reason that was given was that he didnt have enough picture as a baby with his mum. He was asked to do a DNA testing.

In Feb 2011, the result was received at the embassy and he was told to return for a feedback. At the appointment he was told that the result of the DNA was ok and given a sheet of paper. The paper read that they still onable to issue him with a visa because he was found ineligible under section 221(g).

The reason given that there was administrative processing and that his case is not current. They also said that he had been moved to a F2A type visa and that he will be contact when his case becomes current. Your case's priority date is January 28, 2008.

I am really confused on what is going on and why has he been move to a F2A type visa. Waht is the implication of all this and what does he need to do? how can we understand about priority date, i do i check online when he is current?

Thank so much, i now have a much better understanding of what happened to him. Just have to make sure he doesnt married until he has completed the process and gets his visa.