F2 Visa got rejected due to Principal applicant's marital info is incorrect..Please suggest

kumarv431

Hello Guys,

I have got a F1 visa and in USA now from last two months. I have applied for F2 visa for my wife and it got rejected.

The reason cited is that in my DS-160 (application for Visa), the marital status mentioned as "single"

How can we update my DS-160 status to "Married" as I got F-1 visa already? Please suggest.

That was overlooked by me.It's unfortunate mistake from my end. I didn't noticed it till the officer told about it.

You cannot update something retro respectively. If it's a honest mistake your wife can apply again and explain herself. But concealing an information purposely for a benefit is not different than lying and it would be impossible to overcome. In your situation it all depends how they will perceive. They already made a decision based on it. You can try again.

That was overlooked by me.It's unfortunate mistake from my end. I didn't noticed it till the officer told about it.

Well, I don't know how claiming to be single when married could have been a mistake. I believe the DS-160 form clearly has a section for filing out spousal information which you didn't fill out in addition to selecting single as your marital statu.

It is really a honest mistake from my end. Please let me know if there is a way to change it. If a letter/affidavit helps please let me know where and how to take it.

You cannot update something retro respectively. If it's a honest mistake your wife can apply again and explain herself. But concealing an information purposely for a benefit is not different than lying and it would be impossible to overcome. In your situation it all depends how they will perceive. They already made a decision based on it. You can try again.

It is really a honest mistake from my end. Please let me know if there is a way to change it. If a letter/affidavit helps please let me know where and how to take it.