F1 Visa Stamping Canada

f1stampingcan

I am an Indian citizen married to another Indian citizen who also holds a US Green Card. I already had a B-2 tourist visa before marriage, and used that to enter US after I got married. While in the US, I applied for a COS to F-1 which was approved, and have maintained full-time student status for the past 1 year.

I was planning on visiting my family in Canada in May/June when I have summer vacation in college. Since I do not have an F-1 stamp on my passport, I understand that I would need to go to US Embassy/Consulate to get the F-1 visa.

My questions for you are-

1. Is there any risk of my F-1 visa being denied since I am married to a Green Card holder and thus would potentially have Immigration intent? My husband has not applied my I-130 since we are waiting till he becomes a US Citizen.
2. Is it better to go to India or Canada to get the F-1 stamping?

Thank You!

Immigration officials may ask you about the reason for not filling Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. You may require to the USCIS officer the reason for not applying. If all your documents are submitted properly, there is no chance for the denial of your application.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice.

I am an Indian citizen married to another Indian citizen who also holds a US Green Card. I already had a B-2 tourist visa before marriage, and used that to enter US after I got married. While in the US, I applied for a COS to F-1 which was approved, and have maintained full-time student status for the past 1 year.

I was planning on visiting my family in Canada in May/June when I have summer vacation in college. Since I do not have an F-1 stamp on my passport, I understand that I would need to go to US Embassy/Consulate to get the F-1 visa.

My questions for you are-

1. Is there any risk of my F-1 visa being denied since I am married to a Green Card holder and thus would potentially have Immigration intent? My husband has not applied my I-130 since we are waiting till he becomes a US Citizen.
2. Is it better to go to India or Canada to get the F-1 stamping?

Thank You!