F1 Visa in Delhi. Please Help!

User234

Hi Guys!

My brother got admission in one of the univesities in US to pursue graduate program. He would soon be going for F1 visa stamping at the US consulate office in Delhi.

The only thing that worries me is that I am the permanent resident of the United States and if this would, in anyway, jeopardize his visa approval.
(as F1 visa applicant should show an evidence saying the candidate would return to his/her home country after finishing the school whereas mentioning my name in the form shows an intent in the family to immigrate).

This is really worrying me a lot as this is the univ of his dreams and he definitely wants to pursue studies here.

Does anyone know of any such case or has experienced this? Is it a problem if brotehr/sister of an F1 applicant are in US on Green card?

Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Hi

I can understand your fear. My situation was the same as your brother. I have my sister in the US. what I did was I did not mention that I have any relatives is the US. Also show funds and properties in his name, that tells them that his person will be back.

Maybe this helps.