F1 visa for second bachelors degree

Castor

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I have a couple of questions and any guidance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Can an F1 visa be extended for a second bachelors degree?

The first bachelors degree is complete and the person is currently working under the OPT for the first bachelors.

The person wishes to pursue a second field of study for which there is no masters degree. Could a second OPT be available after the second bachelors degree is completed?

Thank you

Yes, F-1 status can be extended for second bac. I-20 needs to be modified to show the second course of study (second bachelor's degree) and the new expected graduation date. The person mostly just need approval from school/college to continue studying and money to show he/she will pay! Hope this helps!

Bump ^

I'm thinking about a second bachelor's as well. I'm currently a month into my first OPT. How does a second OPT work? Do the unused days roll over, so to speak? My research indicates that to receive a second, full OPT for a second degree, the second degree would need to be of a higher level...

Bump ^

I'm thinking about a second bachelor's as well. I'm currently a month into my first OPT. How does a second OPT work? Do the unused days roll over, so to speak? My research indicates that to receive a second, full OPT for a second degree, the second degree would need to be of a higher level...
There are 12 months of OPT at a given degree level. If you applied for 12 months of OPT for your first bachelor's degree (which is what most people do), then you have none left for another bachelor's degree, even if some is "unused". If you intentionally applied for less than 12 months, then the remainder would be available to the second degree's OPT.

And what if I apply to and am accepted to another institution for a second degree before my OPT is over? Isn't the OPT cancelled at whatever date is listed on my new I20? What happens to the remaining time?