1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Obama's LEGAL immigration reform.

What does it mean? Listen to a discussion by Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna in the November 21 conference call recording. Subscribe to Our YouTube channel to be notified when new updates are posted.

F1 to permanent resident

Discussion in 'General F Visa and Related Issues' started by wadee, Feb 21, 2008.

1. wadee

wadee Registered Users (C)

Hi there.. I'm on F1 status right now and I am all clear with the immigration. However, I want to go for something higher and become a permanent resident. I've read numerous pages on the immigration website and I know that I can try a worker visa after I graduate. But I am not really looking forward to work for somebody else. I have some plans to start my own business here.

My question is: can I apply for a green card right now? I am not married to a US citizen, don't have any family ties with US citizens.

2. nscagony

nscagony Registered Users (C)

No. You can try the DV lottery. Thats about all you can do.

3. wadee

wadee Registered Users (C)

Thanks for the reply.. I was afraid that's what I was going to hear. Unfortunately, Brazil hasn't been in the dv lottery for the last two or three years. Hopefully, its going to be in this year.