1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 to H1B to Green Card Through Marriage -- Questions!!!

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by eeeela, Jun 6, 2011.

  1. eeeela

    eeeela New Member

    My case: I came to the US on an F-1 visa for an MBA. Once I graduated, I worked initially on my OPT with an EAD card, and then the company I worked for sponsored my H-1B. Since then, I’ve changed companies once – a transfer on my H-1B. I also met and married my American husband in this time. I’ve now been married for 2+ years and I’m applying for my Green Card through Marriage. Here are my questions:

    • When the forms (I-130, I-864, I-765, etc) request for an Alien Registration number, should I enter the number that was on my EAD card when I was on my OPT? On my H-1B I don’t seem to have any Alien Registration Number. I’m only worried that if they run the Alien Registration Number, they’ll see an expired work permit but that has nothing to do with my valid H-1B. What would you advise?
    • If my husband’s tax filings indicate that his income is over and above the required minimum for support, do we still have to list his assets and debts? This could be a very tedious process for us. So would it be ok if we filed with just the tax filings?
    • What is the address for the Chicago Lockbox where I’m supposed to send in my application? Would any of you know? I can’t easily find the address on USCIS’ website.

    Thanks for any help I can get.

  2. Jackolantern

    Jackolantern Registered Users (C)

    No, don't list that temporary A#.

    Most people don't list assets. Listing assets is required only if income is below the 125% threshold and the assets are being used to make up the difference.

    The address to send the forms should be in the I-485 instructions.

Share This Page