F1 to H1 to F1 visa renewal

user5678

Hi,

I came to US in 2007 on F1 visa. I changed to H1 in 2010 through Change of Status when I got a job here. After that I again joined PhD last year and changed to F1 through a Change of Status.

I have never been to India since 2007. When I go, will I need to apply for F1 visa from scratch or am I eligible to renew visa? Is there an easier procedure to get the visa from the US itself?

Would I be at a disadvantage in the visa interview because I changed to H1 in between?

Thank you

Hi There

Hi,

I came to US in 2007 on F1 visa. I changed to H1 in 2010 through Change of Status when I got a job here. After that I again joined PhD last year and changed to F1 through a Change of Status.

I have never been to India since 2007. When I go, will I need to apply for F1 visa from scratch or am I eligible to renew visa? Is there an easier procedure to get the visa from the US itself?

Would I be at a disadvantage in the visa interview because I changed to H1 in between?

Thank you

Hi There,

I do not know much about your case. I changed from f1 to h1 and for Visa stamping I got stuck for almost a month for security check. I found out that its pretty common in Biotechnology or Biological Sciences.
I had a question for you? I am also considering to apply for PhD for next fall. If I am getting full scholarship and stipend do I need to go back to India for getting new F1 or I can still change H1 to F1 from US?. Also how long it takes to change from H1 to F1? and if my f1 is not approved before I start my program does it affect getting stipend or anything else? Please give me your feedback on this. It will be very helpful for me to determine whether I should apply for PhD or not.

Thanks

Department of State recommends that you apply for a visa in your home country.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

Hi,

Thank you

F1 visa to EAD

Hello Mr.Rajiv,
My son completed MS in NCS University in Dec12. His I-94 was valid till 25th july 2013.
During April he was employed by a consultant firm (without payment) for placement with their clients.
Since he could not get a placement till June he submitted I-765 on 20th June for EAD/OPT.
Till today he is still unemployed. Is it necessary to be gainfully employed at 1.Time of submitting
I-765, 2. During the I-765 processing period, 3.At the time of acceptance/rejection. If he takes
up a part-time job (other than his MS subject) anytime before his application is processed
will it be sufficient to get approval. If this is not required when soon has to take up a regular
gainful employment.
Thanks.